[Dinner with the Cullens]

"Hand me the hose, Mills." Bella says as they wash her car together. Millie hands her the hose absentmindedly. She only has a couple of days left until someone comes and takes her away from her friend and her boyfriend. She'll probably be moved to a different state, with bad parents who won't let her visit Forks. Her mood grows sour as she continues to scrub at a singular spot on Bella's car. "Woah Millie, you're doing more damage than good right now."

Millie stops scrubbing the car, and notices she took off a little paint. "Shit. Sorry Bella." Bella shrugs and gives her a smile. They go back to cleaning. "I heard Charlie on the phone with Sarah last night." Millie gives Bella her full attention. "I tried to listen in but he was whispering. It sounded like they were getting paperwork for something?" Bella trails off.

Millie ponders this, but doesn't have time to think very hard as Edward appears on the roof of the car scaring Bella and making Millie take a step back straight into a hard chest. "Hello darlin'." Jaspers arms slink around her and she relaxes.

"Hey Jas." She smiles, kissing him on the cheek. "And hello Edward." He rolls his eyes at the couple.

"Hey Millie." He waves at her as he jumps off the car, fixing the dent in her car as he does. "You should come to my house tomorrow." He seems full of excitement and happiness.

"Your house? With your family?" Millie can see Bella's panic. "But what if they don't like me?"

"You're worried, not because you'll be in a houseful of vampires, but because you think they won't approve of you?" Edward asks, obviously he's found the one. He laughs at her

Millie and Jasper walk over and stand with them. "I'm glad I amuse you." Bella pouts. Millie laughs at her and pats her shoulder.

"They're really really nice Bells." Edward and Jasper both go ridged and freeze in their place. "What's wrong?" Millie asks.

"A complication." Jasper answers, giving Millie a peck on the cheek.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow." Edward says as the boys drive away. "You too Millie, Esme wants to see you again." Millie blushes. She's glad Esme likes her. They boys take off in Edwards car.

They slowly pass a black car as all the occupants eye each other off. The black car pulls up and out steps Jacob who sets up Billy's wheelchair. Bella forces a smile. "Come to visit your truck?" She asks Jacob.

"Looks good. Glad you got that sent out." Millie can see how lovesick he is around Bella. He smiles at Millie, at least acknowledging her presence.

"Actually, we came to visit your flat screen. First Mariners game of the season. Plus Jacob here kept bugging me to see you again." Billy gestures to his son who is looking like he wants the ground to swallow him up.

"Great. Thanks, dad." As Jacob glares at his dad, Charlie pulls up with beer.

"Pale ale." He holds up the six pack.

"Homemade fish fry." Billy holds up a brown paper bag.

As they head inside Millie can hear talk of the Waylon Forge case but she ignores it in favour of saying good bye to Bella. She waves to Bella as she walks back home.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Millie walks down stairs to see Sarah still in her police uniform. She has paper scattered all over the table and looks half asleep. Millie leans on the counter, "Did you sleep at all?" She pours a cup of coffee for Sarah.

"Maybe for five minutes?" She states. Millie places the coffee next to her.

"What's keeping you up?" Millie takes a seat across from her and goes to looks at the papers but Sarah grabs them.