[Leaving]

Millie wakes up with strong arms wrapped around her. She yawns and looks up at Jasper who smiles down at her. "Mornin'." He smiles, placing a small kiss on her forehead.

"Morning." She smiles back. She looks to the floor where she meets Edwards eye with a small smile. Bella asleep in his lap.

"Millie!" Annes voice comes down the hallway. Millie looks wide eyed at the two boys in her room. Edward carefully picks up Bella and places her on the bed. Then, with a wave, he jumps out the window and is gone in a flash. Jasper kisses Millie with as much emotion as he can muster.

"Everything is going to be okay." He leans his forehead on hers then jumps out the window just as Anne opens the door.

"Oh good you're up." Anne smiles. Millie can tell she's been crying. "Oh Bella, would you like to join us for breakfast?" Bella slowly wakes up and nods groggily. "Come down soon girls."

Bella and Millie get changed and go downstairs where Anne and Sarah wait at the kitchen table. They have breakfast, talking about mundane things. Avoiding the real issue. After breakfast Millie stands on the porch, saying goodbye to Bella. "If I'm not here tomorrow, I just wanted to say that you've been the best friend anyone could ask for and I hope you and Edward stay together for as long as possible." Millie begins to tear up, as does Bella. "I better get an invite to a wedding." She laughs, a sob breaks the laughter.

"Of course." Bella hiccups, wiping away tears. "You can't leave though, Millie." She smiles through the tears. "I'll miss you too much."

"Bells..." Millie cries and hugs her friend tight. "I'll try not to go anywhere." She whispers in her ear before sending her home.

Millie stands on the porch, staring at the retreating figure of Bella's car. "She'll be here soon, Mills." Anne calls from inside. Millie wipes away the tears and tries to be strong for them. She walks in and sees Sarah arguing on the phone with someone.

"No! No! I don't have time for this! You said you'd look over them days ago." She argues. "Don't give me shit. This is important to me and Anne." Millie looks at her curiously but she's too engrossed in the call to notice. Millie walks upstairs to go pack away her clothes.

She walks into her room. She'll never get another room as good as this one again. She carefully packs all the clothes that fit in her suit case and leaves the rest with a note saying 'For Bella.' She grabs the photo frame of her mother and hugs it tight. "I thought I found the perfect ones, mum." She mumbles, packing the frame away.

She drags her case down stairs where she's met with a familiar woman. "Hello, Mrs Clark." Millie mumbles. The woman nods in her direction.

"Mrs Clark, just give us another day please." Anne begs, her eyes are full of tears.

Mrs Clark shakes her head. "I'm sorry ladies, Millie has to leave your care." She walks to the door. "You can put your bag in the trunk. We have to leave now or we'll miss our flight."

Before she leaves the house for the last time, Millie faces Anne and Sarah with tears in her eyes. She straightens herself out. "I think I'll miss my mothers the most." She directs it at both of them.

Anne cries and grabs her in a hug. Sarah comes over and hugs her too. "And we'll miss our daughter the most." Sarah says. "Come home whenever you can."

Millie lets go of the women and gets into the car.

The car trip out of Forks was depressing and quiet. The forest that surrounds the town no longer looked whimsical and felt more like she was leaving a safety blanket. Millie couldn't help but feel like shit. Being taken away from her family and friends again was really getting to her.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Anne had finally stopped crying when Sarah got the phone call. "Hello?" She heard Sarah answer. "Yes! We'll be there in a second! Thank you thank you!" Sarah all but yelled hanging up. "Get in the car babe, we're getting our daughter back."

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Millie navigated the airport with Mrs Clark. Millie walked slower than usual, she was hoping someone would be coming after her. They walked through the security guards and the ones after that too. As they reach the gate Millie has begun to lose all hope of a miracle.

"Mil-!" Millie heard something familiar. She spun around. In the distance she could see Anne's wild red hair and Sarah in her police uniform running through the airport waving something in the air. They got through security by waving Sarah's badge at them. "Millie! You can't leave!" They finally catch up to them. Huffing and puffing they both catch their breaths.

"She's —" Anne puffs. "She's ours." Anne hands Mrs Clark a piece of paper. Mrs Clark's eyes flick over the paper.

Millie tries to peek at the paper but can't see anything. "Judge signed off before and if you call your boss I'm sure they'll agree." Sarah smiles.

"Everything seems in order." Mrs Clark says handing the piece of paper over.

"Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?" Millie huffs, fed up with not knowing.

Anne and Sarah smile. They hand her the piece of paper. Millie reads over it and tears up. It's adoption papers. "Millie you are officially and legally a Dalton." Anne grins.

"But... how? These can take years." Millie was in shock.

"The adoption agency owes me some favours and the judge owes me too." Sarah winks. Millie's bottom lip starts to shake and she begins sobbing. Sarah hugs her first for once. Millie can hear Anne and Mrs Clark talk but Millie couldn't care less. She has a real family now. By the time Millie is finished crying they are on their way home. Home... Millie decides she loves that word.

As they pull up at the house, Bella, Edward and Jasper wait anxiously. Millie jumps out of the car and runs straight for Jasper. "Jas!" She yells, tears going down her face. He catches her as she jumps into his arms. They spin and kiss, realising all their emotions into the one kiss. The fear and love they held onto. He puts her down gently and presses his forehead against her. "I told you everything would be okay." He smiles. Suddenly Millie is pulled back into a strong embrace.

"Don't ever do that again." Bella says, her face pressed into Millie's neck as they hug. Millie can feel tears on her.

"I don't plan on it, Bells." She mumbles stroking the brunettes hair. Bella laughs, wiping away tears. Millie looks at Edward.

"Hug?" She asks, holding out her arms. He laughs and picks her up in an embrace.

After all that's done Jasper stays closer than ever. He grabs her hand and stays behind her as the four of them talk on the porch. She sees Edward looking at Jasper with a nervous looks a couple of times but she ignores them.

As it gets darker Millie is called inside. She waves off everyone and gives Jasper a kiss goodbye. Anne and Sarah sit down for dinner and they all share their first meal as an offical family.