[Shopping]

The sun had decided to bless Forks. Millie wears a dress for the first time since moving here. Bella and her walk outside, looking for their friends. "Are you sure you're okay Mills?" Bella asks for the hundredth time that day.

Millie rolls her eyes, flipping her hair to her other shoulder. "I'm fine, Bella." Bella can tell she's lying but she drops it.

They approach their friends. Jessica is on the grass, getting as much sun as possible. Millie takes a seat on the grass next to Jessica while Bella sits at the table, looking around the courtyard. "He's not here." Jess says. Bella blushes at being caught. "Whenever the weather is nice the Cullens disappear."

"They just... ditch?" Millie asks.

"No, Dr. and Mrs. Cullen yank 'em out for hiking and camping and stuff. I tried the idea out on my parents. Not even close."

Bella looks confused but before she can think further she gets hugged from behind. "I did it!" Angela takes a seat next to Bella. "I'm going with Eric to prom! I took charge just like you guys told me too." Angela high fives Millie.

"I knew you could do it." Millie smiles.

"Are you sure you guys have to go out of town?"

"Oh no we can't sorry. I have a family thing and Millie has to come." Bella doesn't really explain why Millie would come but no one questions it.

"Oh my God, we need to hit the stores in Port Angeles before the good dresses get cleaned out." Jessica says, with excitement in her voice.

Bella has some thoughts running through her mind and Millie can see a plan forming in her head. "Port Angeles?... Can we come too?" Bella doesn't even ask Millie but Millie knows she'll go along with it anyway.

"Thank god. We need your opinions." Angela smiles.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Millie and Bella sit in the window seat of the dress shop. Millie keeps seeing Bella read a sheet of paper over and over again. Jess comes out of the changing room and poses in a "sexy" way. "I think this makes my boobs look big. What do you think, Girls?"

A knock on the window makes Millie spin and face some frat boys. They make obscene gestures and stare at Jess in her low cut dress.

"Disgusting." Bella mutters as the boys leave, shouting and yelling down the street.

"Bella?" Jess actually seems a little embarrassed by the frat boys. Millie nudges Bella.

"It looks great." She says, not really paying that much attention.

"You said that about the last five dresses though." Jess looks disheartened. Angela walks out of the dressing room with a light purple dress on.

"You're not very into this are you?" Angela asks sympathetically.

"Maybe I should just go check out the bookstore. I'll meet you at the restaurant later." Bella gets up and collects her things.

"You're not walking alone. I'll come." Millie says grabbing her bag too. "You girls look amazing by the way." Millie says as they leave the shop.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Millie and Bella leave the bookstore as it begins to get dark. "Come on we'd better go before it gets too dark." As they walk they hear foot steps behind them. They see no one. "Let's go." Millie urges, linking arms with Bella. They cut across the road as they hear the footsteps get louder. They almost jog away. "Fuck." Millie swears as she realises that they have been cornered. Two men emerge from the shadows. It's two of the frat boys from the dress shop but they look really drunk now.