[A Car Trip]

Millie pats Bella on the back as she treks down towards Edward. She gives her a subtle thumbs up but the brunette doesn't see. Millie sits in her car. Taking deep breaths, in and out. In and out. A tap at her window stops her and a nervous looking Jasper stands there. "Can I come in?"

Millie nods. He gets in the other side. They don't talk at first. Millie just drives. She figures, if she's being taken away from Forks she may as well skip school today too. They drive to a secluded park. "So..." Millie doesn't even know where to start.

"How'd you figure it out?" Jasper eventually asks.

Millie snorts. "Mostly Edward being suspicious and Bella being paranoid." Jasper lets his head hit the back of the seat.

"Of course." He laughs, a breathless kind of laugh. "So what are your thoughts on the matter?" He looks nervous. All he can feel from Millie is calm.

"I don't think being a vampire is much of a deal breaker, Jas." He lets out a breath that he didn't need to have. "I just have a small concern..." She trails off.

"We don't eat people." Jasper answers the unasked question. Millie's face shows relief. "We feed on animals."

Millie claps her hands together. "Well then! That's that." She smiles at Jasper and tucks his hair behind his ear. "You're still Jasper." She leans in close to his face. "You're still my, Jasper."

"Thank the heavens." He mumbles. He leans in. Their lips meet. It feels like fireworks. Millie closes her eyes as they kiss. She tries to move closer but her seatbelt stops her, giving her whiplash.

"Damn it." She mumbles laughing. Jasper quickly undoes her seatbelt and pulls her back to his lips. She smiles into the kiss, pulling his head closer to hers and gripping onto his hair. Millie's tongue meets Jaspers. The car begins to fog up. Jasper grabs Millie and lifts her onto his lap. She makes a noise of approval and grips onto his hair tighter kissing harder and more frantic. A loud honk makes Millie bump her head into the roof. "Fuck." She scrambles off Jaspers lap, bumping her head into the roof again as she tries to sit back into the drivers seat.

A knock on the window makes her panic. She takes a quick look in the mirror. Her lips are red from kissing Jasper so hard and her hair is messed up. She looks over at Jasper who winks at her while laughing. His hair is all over the place too. The knock happens again. Millie rolls down the window, a sheepish look on her face. "Goddamn it." It's Charlie at her window. "What the hell do you think you're doin' girl?" Millie shrugs. "Skipping school? Really?" He hasn't even noticed Jasper yet. "What were you even doing out here, Mills?" As he asks, he finally notices Jasper. He goes quiet. "Sarah is at the station right now. I could just take you directly to her."

"Charlie! Please don't! Come one, this is a one time thing." Millie pouts at him.

"Don't give me those eyes, girly." Charlie warns but Millie can see him breaking.

"If you needed to tell our parents, sir. My mother and father are home." Jasper finally pipes up.

Charlie's face brightens at the idea. "I'm taking you home then. The Cullens can deal with you." He looks at Jasper. "And I'll be telling Sarah about this. She won't be happy considering all the stuff she's organising for you right now." Charlie mumbles. Millie sighs.

Charlie gets back in his cruiser and drives ahead of them. Millie follows behind. "Don't be nervous." Jasper puts his hand on Millie's thigh as she drives.

"How can I not be? I'm going to meet your parents for the first time and we're being escorted by the police!" Millie can't help but smile. Jasper laughs.

"They won't mind. Esme and Carlisle will understand." He winks at her and she lets out a final sigh then gives in.

"Okay, but Sarah and Anne are going to kill me." Jasper tries again to change her anxiety to something happier but fails. He groans in frustration. Millie looks at him with a raised eyebrow. "What are you suddenly grumpy about?"

"I can feel how anxious you are."

Millie laughs. "Yeah it shows on my face a lot."

"No. I can literally feel your anxiety." Millie gives him a sidewards glance as they drive. "I can feel and alter people's emotions. Sometimes when a person is turned, an aspect of their human life can be transferred into vampire powers." Jasper explains. "I was in tune with my and other people's emotions as a human and as a vampire it became a power."

"That's so cool." Millie's eyes go wide at the thought. "Wait so you can feel what I feel right now?" He nods, looking amused at her fascination.

They've made it to the Cullens house and Millie tenses. "I felt that sudden spike of anxiety too, it's goin' to be okay, darlin'."

"Can't you fix it? You said you can alter emotions, make me calm, please."

He runs his hand through his hair. "You seem to be the only person I can't change. I can read your emotions just fine but changing them is a different story." As he explains they see Charlie waiting for them. "Your emotions over power my powers." Charlie looks impatient. "You're going to do great, now let's go."

They leave the car and walk up to the front door with Charlie. He rings the door bell and takes a final grumpy look at the teens. Carlisle answers the door. "Hello, chief." Carlisle gives him an award winning smile. "What brings you here?"

"Sorry to disturb you on your day off, Doctor." Charlie apologises. "But I found your son skipping school, along with Millie here." As Charlie talks Esme comes to the front door, putting an arm around Carlisle. Charlie pushes Jasper and Millie forward. "I'd usually send Millie straight home so her parents can deal with her-" he glares at Millie, in a good natured way. "- but they're both at work."

Esme frowns. "Jasper, I thought you'd know better." She tuts at him.

"Thank you, chief Swan." Carlisle says. "I'll be sure to punish Jasper and we can take Millie home later today."

Charlie nods, seemingly happy with the outcome. He goes to leave. "You two be careful, you hear?" Millie and Jasper nod and say goodbye.

As soon as Charlie is out of sight Millie feels the anxiety build up again. "I'm so sorry, Mr and Mrs Cullen. It was my fault."

Carlisle laughs and Esme smiles. "Come in, Millie. We'd love to get to know you better." Carlisle says, ushering her inside. Inside is open and bright, the big windows look off into the vast forest and the furniture is all modern with small historic decorative pieces everywhere. Esme and Carlisle take a seat on the couch. Millie and Jasper take a seat across from them. "So you know the family secret." Carlisle says. He seems calm and happy.

"Yes sir, I wouldn't tell another soul though." Millie assures.

Esme laughs. "Oh hun, we don't expect you to tell anyone. It's okay, you're safe here." She reaches across and puts her hand on Millie's knee. "You're part of the family now."

Millie blushes at the lovely gesture. Jasper grabs Millie's hand and intertwines them. "We're happy for you, Jas." Carlisle says. "Although you are going to have to tell Alice she was right. As usual." They laugh at Jaspers pained expression.

Millie spends the afternoon with Esme, Carlisle and Jasper. Until they drop her home later that night. Where she gets a speech from Sarah about skipping school and a quiet gossip session with Anne about being with Jasper.

Sarah comes up to Millie's room just as her and Anne finish giggling about Jasper. "Mills, we've got a week left with you. I'm trying everything I can but right now I need you to be on your best behaviour." Sarah looks close to tears.

Millie nods, "I'm sorry, Sarah. It really won't happen again. I swear."

"I believe you." Sarah walks over and gives Millie a big hug goodnight. Anne gives her a kiss on the forehead.

"Sleep well, sweetie."