[Baseball]

Millie wakes up slowly. She stretches her arms above her head and yawns loudly. On her wall is the adoption papers, framed proudly right next to the picture of her mother. Millie smiles.

"Millie? Are you up?" Sarah calls from downstairs. "You'd better get ready quick if you're going out with, Jasper today."

Millie sits up in bed. "Shit." She curses, she had completely forgotten that she was spending the day with Jasper. She jumps out of bed throwing on jeans and a shirt. She almost runs down stairs and crashes into Sarah who laughs at her.

"Breakfast?" She asks, handing Millie a bowl of cereal.

Millie takes it, "Thanks mum." Millie sits down at the table and eats her cereal, not seeing the proud look that Sarah gives her. As Millie eats, she hears a car pull up. "That'll be Jasper! Bye mum! Bye mum!" Millie laughs at the awkward goodbye but both of them look so happy.

"Hello darlin'." Jasper steals a kiss as Millie enters the car.

"Hey, Jaz." She smiles.

They drive for some time down a beaten track towards the forest. "What are we even doing today?" Millie asks, curiosity getting the better of her. Jasper smiles at her and places his hand on her thigh as they drive.

"We're playing baseball with the family."

"Baseball?" Millie asks, amused.

"Yes ma'am. America's favourite pastime and there's a thunderstorm coming so it's perfect today." He says as they come up to an empty field. Millie sees the whole Cullen family and Bella waiting for them. Jasper opens her door for her helping her jump out of the Jeep.

"So glad you could make it Millie!" Esme comes over with Bella in tow. "Now girls I want you two to be referees."

"-She seems to think we cheat." Jasper laughs.

"Oh I know you do." Behind Esme, Emmett and Jasper high five. "Just call it as you see it girls." Bella and Millie share an uneasy look but nod.

"It's time." Alice smiles. She winds up a pitch just as thunder begins to rumble. She throws it with such speed that Millie can barely follow it until a rumble of thunder happens then the balls comes into contact with Rosealie's bat which makes another thunderous roar.

"I see why you need the thunder." Bella mutters to Esme who just laughs at the shocked girls. The ball shoots like a meteor, deep into the forest, rocketing through the trees. Edward follows after it. "That has to be a home run, right?" Millie nods in agreement.

Esme shoots the girls a smile. "Edward is very fast." She comments.

Rosealie darts around the pitch almost a blur with her speed. Suddenly Edward races out of the forest with the ball and whips it to home base. Esme catches it a fraction of a second before Rosealie slides in. Bella looks at Millie. "Sorry, you're out!" Millie tries to be nice but Rosealie looks like she wants to kill. She stomps off.

"Come on, it's just a game babe!" Emmett laughs.

Next up is Carlisle. Millie watches him with curiosity. He hits the ball fast as light and straight into the air and towards the forest. Edward and Emmett both go for the ball, colliding mid air. They miss the ball and Carlisle is safe. Millie looks off to the side and sees Jasper playing with the baseball bat. He winks at her when he catches her staring.

Jasper goes up to bat, Alice grins at him before she pitches hard and fast. Jasper hits it with ease and it flys directly into the forest. Emmett and Edward go to run after it but Alice yells. "Stop!" Edward is immediately at Bella's side and Jasper puts his arms around Millie. The family gathers at the home plate. "I didn't see them.." She trails off, giving a blank stare. "They're traveling so quickly."