[School and The Cullens]

"You'll be okay, sweetie." Millie was slowly getting used to Anne's use of the word 'sweetie.'

"You'll have to tell us all about your first day when you get home, okay?" Sarah asked. She looked about as nervous as Millie felt. "I'll cook something nice for dinner too."

"Guys, I'll be fine. Isn't there another new girl starting today too?" Millie had overheard the two women talking about a new girl in town the other night.

Anne smiled wide. "Oh yes — Bella Swan, she's the chiefs daughter. She started last week, but in this town she's still new." Millie felt a little better knowing that not all the attention would be on her.

"Guys I have to leave or I'll be late." Millie got into the small car that used to be Anne's. "I'll see you after school." Millie waved at the two nervous women and made her way to Forks high school.

As she pulled up and could feel the stares immediately. She got her time table from the front office and ventured down the hallway. She could hear the whispers and feel the stares. Millie had been to many new schools in her time but this one felt different somehow. As she contemplated this she crashed directly into a small brunette girl.

"Oh I'm so sorry — I need to start watching where I'm walking." The girl apologised, picking up her book that she dropped.

"It's no big deal." Millie brushed it off. "I'm Millie Carter, honorary new girl. If you could tell by the amount of stares and attention I'm getting." Millie joked.

"Oh well. I'm Bella Swan, old new girl I guess." She laughed awkwardly and put a lock of hair behind her ear.

"Well it was lovely to meet you Bella but I've got a whole first day to get through." Millie was already dreading lunch time alone.

As Millie went to walk away Bella called out. "Millie, did you want to sit with me at lunch? I haven't been here long but I've met some pretty cool people who wouldn't mind an extra."

"That would actually be amazing." Well that's one thing Millie now didn't have to worry about. They said their goodbyes and Millie navigated to her first class, history.

In her old schools, history class was always her favourite. Learning about the past was a thing Millie loved to do. She was fascinated my the past's way of thinking and how much it has evolved from then. "You must be Miss Carter, correct?" Millie presumed she was the teacher.

"Yes, ma'am." Millie was always polite to her teachers.

"I'm Mrs Dann, I'm your history teacher. You can take a seat by Angela." Mrs Dann points at the desk near the back where a girl with glasses sat.

Millie made her way to her desk, taking note of the kids in her class. As she made her way to her seat she felt a pair of eyes on her. She looked to the back of class and blue eyes met amber. For a minute Millie was frozen. She felt her world slow. Suddenly it was just her and those amber eyes. It felt like she was frozen in time. Then the eye contact was broken.

Millie shook her head, blinking rapidly. She took her seat, without even looking at the guy she was just having a staring contest with. "Hi — I'm Angela." The girl Millie sat down with said.

"Oh hey, I'm Millie. Guess we're history buds." Millie smiled warmly at the girl. Angela nodded and giggled.

As the lesson went on Millie kept feeling eyes on the back of her neck. But when she turned around the boy wasn't staring. But this did give Millie a good excuse to look closer at the boy. He was unbelievably pale, with shoulder length curly blonde hair. Millie couldn't see his face but she knew those amber eyes were beautiful. He kept quiet during the class, not even taking any notes. Unlike Millie who was taking note after note.