Chapter 23

Please remember to vote, comment and share if you've enjoyed Dom and Georgiana's story so far. This is the final chapter of their story.

I sat in the restaurant drinking my second glass of wine. Jeremy had texted again to say he was still stuck in his meeting. The light had faded and the street lamps had turned on. I checked my watch again, 6pm. I'd have to text Dom and tell him I would be late.

Just as I was about to compose a message a familiar voice traveled across the restaurant

"Darling G! Thank god you're still here." Jeremy strode towards me all smiles dressed in a smart business suit.

No sooner had I got up from my seat he had embraced me and kissed me hard at the corner in my mouth. Feeling a little awkward I ignored it and sat down.

"God G I'm so sorry. This bloody meeting. Will you forgive me?" I nodded and took another sip of wine. My head was feeling a little light and I made a mental note to ask the waiter for some water. I glanced at my phone and remembered I needed to text Dom.

"Sorry excuse me." I got my phone out and quickly typed a message.

Jeremy's meeting ran over. Only just met up. Please eat without me. Sorry G x

"I'll have whatever she's drinking. Two glasses thanks." I didn't have a chance to decline and order water before the waiter had left.

"Darling how are you? Did you manage to sleep last night? Such a moving funeral. Your father would be so proud you. Mother and Father send all their love. You really must come and visit. Look I'll pay. Come out next week. We'll ski, drink wine and you can get a massage. Use the spa, relax. You need it." He rested his hand on mine.

Had he always been this forward? It felt wrong that he was touching me. I pulled my hand away and placed it in my lap. He looked annoyed but forced a smile and waved to the waiter who was returning with our drinks.

"Two menus." No thank you, not so much as a please. And it reminded me of how polite and considerate Dom was.

"Oh I'm sorry I can't stay for dinner, I've got plans." He looked up surprised.

"With who? G I'm flying home tomorrow. Come on darling it's our only time to catch up." He was pushy and I didn't like it.

"Well I'm here now aren't I." And I forced a smile.

"I know and I am truly so sorry to have messed you around." I wanted to believe him but his apology sounded forced.

"That's ok. I'm tired anyway. I need an early night." He fiddled with his napkin.

"It's not that Dom is it that you're seeing?"
"Excuse me?"
"Look G, I know it's none of my business and on the face of it he seems like a nice enough guy. I'm sure he'll do his best with the CEO role, let's hope they go gentle on him. I hear the board are split in their confidence in his ability to do the job, you know what it's like in business it can be pretty ruthless. He's young and self assured but that may not be enough to cut it." What was he going on about?