Chapter fourteen: Jack

Rye's P.O.V

I stumble out of Andy's house, tears streaming from my eyes as I sob loudly. I thought feeling love was a good thing but I had not felt it in so long I forgot about the heartbreak...

Blinded by tears I settle down on the pavement outside the trashy block of flats I live in. I don't want to go inside, that room is not my home. Home isn't always a place, it can be a person. Andy was my home, and now I'm homeless.

I rock myself backwards and forwards, trying to breathe through the sobs that are uncontrollably emitting my mouth.

I feel someone walk past and stop to stare at me but I don't care unless it's Andy. Maybe it's Andy? I look up the feel disappointed it's a boy my age who I think is one of Andy's friends.

He stays quite a distance away from me, he's probably scared. He's only ever seen me during my school breakdowns and even though no one knows exactly what happened with my dad he's probably heard on the radio he's a murderer. No wonder he's scared.

"Ryan?" I flinch when his Irish accent finally sounds, he slowly steps closer to me and sits down on the path beside me. "Are you okay?" He asks I don't reply just shake my head and bite my lip to suppress another sob.

"What's wrong?" He asks, "please tell me I'll try and help Ryan," I nod, I don't know why, I just want to be able to trust someone.
"A-Andy... thinks I-I've done something I haven't..." I sob, "he hates me..."
"I'm sure he doesn't," he comforts me, "what does he think you've done?"
"He... he thinks I killed someon... my dad..." he looks taken aback and instantly shocked.
"I didn't do it!" I yell "I swear I didn't... please believe me... please..." I whimper and my voice cracks.

"I believe you, I know you wouldn't be acting this way if you were a murderer. I'll try and talk to Andy tomorrow, where are you staying tonight?" I point up at the block of flats behind me. "You've been staying with Andy haven't you?" He asks,
"How did you know?"
"He wouldn't let you stay somewhere like that, and neither will I, you can stay at mine until you and Andy are friends again."

"I don't think we ever will be..." I mutter under my breath as I follow him back to his house.
"What did you say?" He asks as we cross the road,
"Uh... nothing..."
"Okay, I forgot to say I'm Jack, Jack Duff."

Slightly longer chapter and some more chapter coming soon xx
Thanks for reading and I'll update asap xx
@tvrtnhc