Chapter four: Talk

Rye's P.O.V

Andy Fowler, who I'm working with on the English assignment, invited me to his house again. I don't feel safe there but I have to go. I don't feel safe around anyone, I don't trust anyone.

I knock anxiously on the door, I don't look up, I don't want him to see me. Because when people look at me they don't see me, they see what my father left behind. I don't even know who I am anymore.

"Hi Ryan," Andy smiles welcoming me into the house, I keep my head down as he leads me to his room. I don't even know why he invited me after what happened the other day.

I had an outburst in school, I can't control them. He saw it. I know he did, he's probably scared of me. He won't trust me and I can't trust him.

The cause of my breakdown was the anniversary of my mums death, her murder. I don't even know where she's buried, I was never told after I got sent to an orphanage where I spent the rest of my broken childhood.

"Here you go," Andy smiles as he passes me a glass of water and some cookies.
"T...thank you."

Andy's P.O.V

"T...thank you," I hear a voice I've never heard before, the voice of an angel. I heard the first noise other than screams and sobs I've ever heard emit Ryan's mouth. I stand in shock and try to wipe the huge smile from off of my face.

"You just spoke," I smile "Can you speak again?" I ask gently, he just shakes his head not looking at me. I nod and we complete the rest of the assignment that night in silence.

The clock chimes midnight. "I'm so sorry Ryan, it's quite late I'll take you home, I bet your mum is so worried..."

Here's another chapterrr xx
A new one coming quite soon x
Hope you're enjoying this story so far and please keep reading xx
@tvrtnhc