Chapter 20

Unedited

"He used to beat me, sometimes when he is drunk or when he is high of smoking weed.Emily continued.

"He used-me as his punching bag. Every evening, I always wake up with a bruise."

Emily inhaled some more air as if what she is talking about has sucked the breath out of her.

Cullens was patient listening to her, he didn't want to interfere her. He just want her to finish with what she was saying.

He clenched and unclenched his fits the only option he has was to wrap his hands around her not to do anything to scare her.

"Sometimes he beats Ariel to but I normally provoke him to distract him from her so he doesn't beat her as much as he does to me." Emily continued her eyes glazed over, lost in her memory.

"Sometimes the pain is unbearable and sometimes it is. One time he beat me mercilessly with his belt that Ariel had to escape to go and call our neighbors ."

"It was around 7pm when he came home that faithful night but didn't know how long I was left lying there in my own pool of blood like a rag. "

And he threatened me that if I should shout or tell someone especially the police he will make me watch Ariel been hurt by him.." Emily continued as the tears flowed.

"I was loosing my consciousness when I heard the knocking on the door. I was in the kitchen too weak to move a muscle."

"And I heard him calmly talking to our neighbors assuring them that it was nothing and Ariel was just playing a prank on them." Emily whimpered at the memory.

"I could hear Ariel telling the neighbors it was true but he pulled her inn and told them it was nothing they should go back to bed. Instantly I knew I had to do something." Emily continued

"I mastered all the strength in me and yelled out to them to help me. I guess my guardian angels had arrived late so they couldn't safe me from the beatings. But they helped me reach out to my neighbors." Emily smiled at the memory. Oxymoron as it may be.

"You little bitch, I heard him slap Ariel that did the trick. My neighbors pushed him aside since he refused to give them access to the house. He was drunk and high from weed so he stumbled and fell on the ground, he passed out there."
Emily laughed as she cleaned her almost dried tears.

"Poor Ariel was weeping, girls her age wouldn't have been able to endure and do what she did tonight." You could see the pride in Emily's eyes as she talked about her daughter.

Emily moved out of Cullens embrace and turned her back to him. She lifted her shirt up and when Cullens saw her back he gasped with shock.

He didn't mean to but he couldn't help him self with what he saw. How a person as beautiful as her and has a smooth body can be carrying this for the rest of her life.

What could Emily be carrying. Few chapters more to go and the book will be over. Continue reading there are more surprises ahead.