chapter 4

Unedited

Guys please don't forget to vote,comment and share it keeps me going.

True to Ariel's words she didn't give her mother hard time. Instead she got her mother more tips.

Cause she follows her mother on every table she serves, yes you heard me every table she serves, the customers don't complain neither do her boss.

Sometimes Ariel holds the pen and note pad her mum is using just busily following her around.

Little Ariel refused to sit and wait for her mum's shift to be over. She finds it boring since there is no one to play with around.

So every table they go, it either she is asked a question or she asks them a question instead. And that kept the guests entertained.

"Thank God it 4:43pm. 17 mins more to go before I can get home." Emily couldn't help but to glance at the clock at the entrance of the restaurant.

Today has been a super busy day, Emily has been on her feet all day, she did not even get the chance to have lunch but Ariel did have lunch.

Ariel fell asleep somewhere around 3:00pm and Emily is glad she isn't up yet.

She can work a little over time before her daughter wakes up. Soon it was past 5 it was almost 6.

The restaurant is busy and the theme of the restaurant has turn into the night theme.

With the chandelier shinning high up in the ceiling. Small small colourful and decorative lights around the window.

The flower pots outside decorated with lights dancing to slow and humming song of the evening wind.

"Emily can you please get the table at the far corner right for me please." Thea asked her friend since Emily was a little bit free.

"Sure you don't have to ask." Emily beamed at her she couldn't help smile on her face when
Thea winked at her.

Upon getting to the table, the man sitting there is no ordinary man. His been on the tabloid's almost every day .

He is ruthless, rich and powerful. His one of the most successful business men in the country.

Emily's  smile slowing dropped from her face but she got a fake one back. Smiling at the man nervously.

She was silently waiting for man who seems to know his way around the restaurant.

Emily was praying her daughter to sleep a little while longer but not all prayer's are meant to be answered.

"Mummy, look what I found in my pocket." Ariel who was rubbing her face of sleep approached her mother.

" shh, go back to Aunty Thea mummy is working." Emily tried shooing her daughter away.

"Excuse me, I don't have the whole day to sit here and watch you and your daughter." A booming voice said above Emily's head since she has crouch to her daughters height.

" I'm sorry sir. Please what can I get for you." Emily apologized and asked the man who was glaring at her which didn't go unnoticed by mother and daughter  but secretly the man love how Emily was treating her daughter.

"Mr, you are so mean. Why are you yelling at my mummy and glaring at her meanie man." Ariel said to man in her best scowl she could master.

Both Emily and the man gasped at Ariel's plain rudeness. Emily was red like tomatoes with embarrassment.

"Ariel!!, I didn't teach you to be rude to any one. Now do the right thing now hurry." When Emily got out of her initial shock she reprimanded her daughter.

The customer was looking at them with fascination. And admiration. Emily is such a wonderful parent.

" I'm sorry, it won't happen again." Ariel apologized with a quivering lips and glassy eyes.

The man only smiled and ordered his food, Emily never returned to his table again.

Finally the shift is over and Emily is going to wait for Theia at the parking lot since she is their ride home.

"Drop that pebble before it causes harm Ariel." Emily was trying to get her daughter to drop the pebble she found in her pocket.

How did it get there only God knows. True to Emily's words the pebble caused harm.

"Okay mummy let me throw it away" Ariel threw the pebble away only for it to land at the wrong location.

It broke a car glass and the pebble went to land on an iPhone on the passenger seat.

What will happen to Emily and Ariel. Will they be able to afford the damage