Chapter 19

Daisy screamed and fainted as Skulduggery opened the door of his study.

Maralie screamed and fainted as Skulduggery opened the door of his study.

Jessica blinked and scratched the back of her head as Skulduggery opened the door of his study.

"Hello," Skulduggery said.

"Uh... hi," Jessica smiled weakly.

"This is Skulduggery." Valkyrie said. "Skulduggery, meet Jessica, Daisy and Maralie. They said they needed to talk to you about something."

"Well?" Skulduggery said, sitting down in his armchair.

"Um, well, there has been a few... murders around Ireland and-"

"You want to see if I can solve them?"

"Yes. Yes, that's right. We're from America, as you can hear from our accents, and Grand Mage Bright-"

"Ahh, Laurie Bright," Skulduggery said, almost wistfully.

"Wants your help." Jessica finished.

Valkyrie looked at Skulduggery. "Laurie?"

"Beautiful woman. Elemental."

Valkyrie smirked to herself. Skulduggery had a crush!

Daisy sat up. "Where am I?"

She saw Skulduggery, screamed and fainted again. Jessica sighed.

"Sorry..."

"It's fine." Skulduggery said with a flick of his wrist. Valkyrie tilted her head and smiled. He was really head over heels in love.

"Will you help us?" Jessica asked.

"Of course. Anything for Laurie,"

Valkyrie almost bursted out laughing, but regained her composure and looked at Skulduggery. "Let's go. Where are the murders?"

Jessica nudged Maralie with her foot. "Mar. Marrr! Give me the piece of paper."

Maralie murmured something, rubbed her head, sat up and took paper out of her pocket.

"Skeleton..." she mumbled.

Jessica sighed again, then looked at the paper. "Let's see. Ennis, Naven, Gort, Limerick, Athlone, Newry and Galway."

"Woah," Valkyrie breathed out deeply. "That's a lot of murders.

"Yeah." Jessica winced. Her phone vibrated in her pocket and she took it out.

"Excuse me," she smiled, then turned around.

"Hey, Jessie," Kestrel LeStarre's voice came through the phone.

"Kes! I called you hours ago!" Jessica scowled.

"Sorry," she replied sheepishly.

Jessica sighed. "Fine. Fine, apology accepted. So, did you find anything?"

"Well, Laurie-"

"Grand Mage Laurie, you mean."

"If you keep interupting I'll never finish," Kestrel muttered.

"Well, Grand Mage Laurie said that you should take a close look at the paper again. A VERY close look."

Jessica frowned. "Okay..."

Kestrel hung up and Jessica gave the paper to Skulduggery.

"Did you hear our conversation?"

"Yes. And I know what Laurie means."

Valkyrie frowned. "And I don't."

"Look Valkyrie," Skulduggery showed her the paper. "Read the capitals."

Valkyrie looked at the names of the counties. Ennis, Naven, Gort, Limerick, Athlone, Newry and Galway...

"England?" she asked.

Skulduggery nodded. "Which is where our killer will strike next."

Jessica gasped, and fainted, joining Maralie and Daisy on the floor.

"Great," Valkyrie muttered. "Just great."

****************************

Tanith sat down on Ghastly's sofa and watched as he carefully sewed her new top.

"So, Ghastly," Tanith started.

"Mm hmm?" Ghastly said, concentrating on his work.

"I was wondering... um, you know the way you asked me out on a date?"

Ghastly stopped working and looked up at her. "Yes?"

"Well, maybe we could have that date tonight?"

Ghastly smiled. "Of course. If you want."

Tanith smiled that beautiful smile of hers back. "I'd love it."

"Then it's setted. Tonight is the night that we-"

Something black darted across the room and jumped onto Ghastly's face. Tanith yelled and picked up her sword. She grabbed the Remnant and threw it off Ghastly. It fell to the ground and Tanith brought her sword down just as it flung itself away from the blade.

She cursed and Ghastly grabbed it. It squirmed in his grip, trying to free itself from the inevitable.

Tanith smiled and Ghastly tightened his grip. The Remnant screamed and exploded in a large burst of bright light. Tanith stumbled back and dropped her sword.

Ghastly cried out and dropped the remains of the Remnant. All that was left were the two bright eyes.

Ghastly helped Tanith up and smiled at her.

"How about that date?"

Tanith smiled back and replied in that beautiful London accent, "I'd love to,"

She leaned forward and kissed Ghastly lightly on the lips. He blushed and she broke away.

"How about 7:00?" she asked.

Ghastly was so stunned all he could do was nod and watch her wave and walk out the door.

******** 

Yaay! I UPLOADED!

WAFFLES!

Sorry it wasn't a huge upload... I had my birthday party and... ugh.

Not a lot of time, bed. Bye!!!

~ Jane/Maralie

PS: YES I AM USING A PEN NAME HAHA :3