Author Note ~ Please Read! (Also Chapter 11)

Heya all my minions and minions alike :D

Wow, that was COMPLETELY random.

Anyway.... I need a better cover, cos, and this is the truth... it's very boring.

So... uh... I don't know how people are meant to do these cover contests because I have never entered one. Do you send it to my inbox? Or put it in the comments? I am not sure.

But, if you people know, please do so :D

I am not very good at doing covers.

So :D Bye and stuff!!

~ Your Silver Goddess, Bookzies ~

And now, the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Geoffrey Scruntinious stared into Melissa Edgley's eyes. "No you didn't."

"But... Alice was taken by Stephanie's substitute teacher!" Melissa cried.

"Melissa. Listen. You didn't see that. You sent Alice off to a playschool for a few..." Geoffrey paused. "Days."

Melissa blinked. "Oh, yes. I forgot!"

Geoffrey nodded. "Yes. Now, safe home,"

She got up quickly and walked out. Geoffrey sighed and sat down. Melissa was easy to calm down, but Desmond was harder. It was like... he believed what he saw.

The door opened and Skulduggery Pleasant and Valkyrie Cain walked in. Valkyrie was panicking.

"Have you found any trace of Alice?" she asked hurriedly.

"I'm sorry, Valkyrie." Geoffrey sighed. "Your parents didn't know a thing."

Valkyrie bit her lip to try and stop the tears. Skulduggery patted her back gently.

"We're find her," he whispered. Valkyrie nodded slowly and breathed in and out.

Skulduggery led her out to the Bentley. She got in.

Then everything happened so quickly.

A blonde-haired, smirking face landed on the Bentley's bonnet. Skulduggery whipped out his gun but Tanith Low was too fast. She lashed out her boot, taking Valkyrie off her feet. The last thing Valkyrie heard was a baby's cry.

Alice.

***************************

Part two: In the next chapter!!!