Rise of Darquesse: Skulduggery Pleasant Fanfic Chapter 9

China Sorrows scanned her surroundings. She knew Eliza Scorn was there before she even turned.

"Eliza, what a surprise."

She swiftly turned and saw Scorn, smiling thinly. "I see you still haven't lost your sense of knowing if someone was looking at you, my dear China."

"Yes, I do. Now, enough chit-chat. You came to see me for a reason. What is it?"

"Detective Pleasant and I had an interesting talk yesterday."

"Ah," said China, her fingers itching to fiddle with her hair. She didn't like where this was going.

"And," Scorn continued, "Do you know what he said?"

"Please, do tell," China said, tilting her head slightly.

"He said, "I'm going to get that China." So, I wanted to see him kill you."

China frowned. "Skulduggery said that? Sounds rather... unimpressive, don't you think?"

Scorn thought for a moment. "Actually, yes, it does."

"China." A voice said. China knew who that voice belonged to. She wished it wasn't him, but luck was never on her side.

She turned slowly to face Skulduggery Pleasant. He took out his gun.

"You have earned this," he said slowly.

China closed her eyes tightly. Then she heard a scream.

"Skulduggery!" Valkyrie Cain screamed. "Don't do it!"

He pulled the trigger.

Valkyrie jumped in front of China.

She fell to the ground, clutching her heart. A pool of blood appeared around her. Scorn blinked, then shrugged and walked away.

Skulduggery was too busy cursing to arrest her.

"Valkyrie!" he yelled, his voice laced with pain. "Valkyrie!"

Valkyrie's eyes were open. She was breathing irregularly. Skulduggery knelt down beside her.

"Don't close your eyes, Valkyrie."

They closed.

***********************************************************************************************

"What happened?" Ghastly asked quickly.

Ravel was out of breath. "Valkyrie," he gasped. "She's been shot."

Ghastly's fist clenched. "By who?"

Ravel gulped. "Uh... Skulduggery." he said quietly.

"What?!" Ghastly yelled. He ran to the Infirmary where Skulduggery sat. He was clenching and unclenching his fist.

"I shot Valkyrie," he kept muttering. "I shot Valkyrie."

Ghastly sat down beside him. "Are you... okay?"

"I shot Valkyrie." he said again.

"How?"

"I was aiming for China... Eliza Scorn told me she saw when... Serpine killed my family. She watched me scream. She watched me die. She didn't do anything to help."

Ghastly took a deep breath. "I knew we shouldn't have trusted her," he said quietly.

"Ghastly," Skulduggery said, pain in his voice. "I shot her. My partner. My own partner. I shot Valkyrie. I shot Valkyrie. I SHOT VALKYRIE!"

Ghastly looked Skulduggery right in his eyeholes. "You didn't mean to shoot her."

"But I did."

"But you didn't mean to," Ghastly reassured him. "You aimed for China."

Skulduggery looked at Ghastly, then stood up. "You're right," he said, his voice changing.

Ghastly got up too, and led the way into the room where Valkyrie was.

*****************************************************************************************

"You're very lucky she's not dead," Doctor Nye said, pointing at Valkyrie, who was on the hospital bed, with its extremely long arms.

"It was an accurate shot. Right in the heart." Skulduggery looked down at the ground when it said that.

"She should wake up in a few minutes. You are welcome to stay."

"Thank you Doctor," Ghastly said. Skulduggery didn't say anything. He couldn't think. Couldn't say. Couldn't do. He had almost killed his partner.

He had almost killed Valkyrie Cain.

*****************************************************************************************

Hey there peeps!

It is your Silver God speaking. Thank you very much for reading the new chapter of ROFSPFC! (Long title, just call it ROD)

Ooooo... Valkyrie's been shot.... and Skulduggery was the one who shot her!!!

Did you like it? If you did, comment!

I need:

1 fan

1 comment

Before I continue!

Thank you Minions :D

~ Your Silver God, Bookzies ~