Chapter 18

China Sorrows sat on her exquisite chair and sighed deeply. Skulduggery wasn't going to forgive her. He asked for her help, and afterwards, told her to go away and never come back.

She had had more fun.

Looking out the window, she slowly stood up and made her way to the oak cabinet in the side of her room. She tapped an etching and it started to glow, and then stopped. The drawer opened and she saw it, tucked under a handkerchief.

The Amethyst.

The Amethyst that could kill a person by touching off of them.

And it was China's.

All China's.

She looked at it and picked it up slowly.

China was its owner, and she could control it. It was like the Sceptre. Its owner has to be dead before someone could take control of its powers.

China looked over her left shoulder.

No one there.

She looked over her right shoulder.

No one there.

She held it tightly and put it in her pocket.

She walked over to the door, opened it, and walked downstairs. A sorcerer looked at her. "I love you..."

"Shut up and run," China snarled, not in the mood for this. The sorcerer nodded and ran off, looking behind at her. He tripped and gave a squeal before landing on the ground, getting up again, and doing the exact same thing. China sighed and continued down the stairs. She looked outside. Rain. Just what she needed.

She hurried outside and opened her car door, then jumped in.

Cursing, she shoved the key in the ignition and pressed down on the accelerator, hard.

The car sped down the wet Dublin roads. She turned and held the Amethyst tighter. Skulduggery wasn't going to like this. Not one bit.

****************

Daisy Chain, Jessica Shine and Maralie Charm moaned on the ground as it started raining.

"I hate this stupid weather," Jessica muttered.

"America is so much... hotter, y'know?" Maralie sighed.

"Rainbow!" Daisy shrieked, pointing at the sky.

"Wow. Rainbow." Jessica replied, getting up.

"Who are we looking for?" Daisy asked, back to her usual self.

"Skul... Skil... I dunno. Jessica, read this," Maralie thrust the piece of paper to Jessica, who frowned.

"Skulduggery Pleasant? What kind of name is that?"

"I dunno. A skeleton?" Daisy tilted her head. The girls busted out laughing and Daisy got up, followed by Maralie.

"Come on, let's go to Cemetary Road," Jessica said, still laughing.

They got up and went on their way.

************

Valkyrie Cain yawned as she sat down on the comfy sofa. Skulduggery was upstairs, doing 'paperwork' or whatever. Just as she closed her eyes, someone knocked on the door. She padded over to the door and opened it, sighing.

China Sorrows stood there.

"Hi, China," Valkyrie yawned, rubbing her eyes. "What are you doing here?"

China brought out the Amethyst.

"Uh, what's that?" Valkyrie tilted her head.

She went to brush it off Valkyrie's hand, when a girl screamed.

Valkyrie looked behind China to see three girls. One of them jumped up and kicked China in the head. Valkyrie yelled. "What the hell are you doing?"

Another girl ran up to her. "That's the Amethyst!"

"The whaty whata?"

"The AM.A.THYST." The girl said slowly, like Valkyrie was stupid.

"Uhhh..." Valkyrie frowned.

"It can kill you if it touches you," she explained hurriedly.

"Oh. Oh, God." Valkyrie mumbled.

"Yeah. Yeah, oh God."

Valkyrie shuddered. Why would China try to kill her?

Valkyrie punched low, but it was a feint and she kneed China in the guts. She stumbled back and one of the girls brought shadows in and grabbed China's ankle. She fell and gasped. Another girl snapped her fingers but instead of fire, white light came. She generated it into a flame and threw it at China. It made her whole body vibrate.

Valkyrie glared at her, and China stood up slowly.

"Go. Go before we kill you." 

China nodded quickly and walked back to the car. She got in and drove off.

"Thanks for helping me," Valkyrie said to the girls.

"Helping you?" The tallest one said. "We saved you."

"No," Valkyrie argued. "I could have done it without you."

 "Yeah, sure ya did. Whatever floats your boat," the short one replied.

Valkyrie scowled. "Who are you anyway?"

"I'm Jessica Shine," the tall one said.

"I'm Maralie Charm," the smallest one said.

"And I'm Daisy Chain." the last one said.

"Okay. Hello. I'm Valkyrie Cain," Valkyrie nodded.

"Do you happen to know a Mr. Skulduggery Pleasant?" Jessica asked.

Valkyrie frowned. "This is his house."

"Great! Can we see him?"

"Uh, sure..." Valkyrie shrugged. The girls followed Valkyrie inside.

*******************

Was that an okay chapter? My fingers are cold. Ireland is always freezing. And so is Vampire_Bride's computer.

How're y'all? (God, I'm starting to sound like Sanguine... DELETE! :0 DELETE! Hmm, actually typing delete does not make it delete... lesson learned.)

I like Waffles :D

I'm sorry but NO GHANITH YET! I swear next chappie...

And the Remnant. Jeez, I need to get on my game...-_-

BYYYYEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

~ Your Golden Goddess, Bookzies

PS: I was thinking about doing a pen name, like Val or something. Whadda my minions think? Hmmm?