Chapter 20: Unknown

John's P.O.V

Things weren't quite back to normal, not yet. Sherlock hadn't so much as brushed past me in the past three hours, since the little talk at breakfast. We had both been excluded from lessons for the rest of the week, thanks to Mrs. Hudson, brilliant woman- apparently, she was quite taken to Sherlock.

At the moment, we were sat watching a film on his laptop, an unimaginable distance between us, the laptop settled on the blankets where we should be sitting. Around twenty minutes of the film passed before I heard a small mumble to my right.

"Bored," Sherlock groaned again, speaking a little louder now that he had my attention. His eyes were brimming with pent up emotion, and I knew that he had in fact been waiting for me. Slowly, I shut down the laptop and moved it away, crawling across the space to nuzzle into Sherlock's chest. Sighing in what sounded like relief, he pulled me onto his lap, arms wrapped tightly around me. My lips drifted onto Sherlock's, hands resting on his slender shoulders as I kissed him slowly, him melting easily into my hands, my legs shifting to wrap around his waist.

"I thought you didn't want to touch me," he whispered, his hand immediately going to the place where Irene had kissed him. I chuckled softly, shaking my head at how ridiculous the whole situation was.

"I thought that you didn't want to touch me, either," I replied, fiddling with the baby curls on the nape of his pale, smooth neck.

Damn, we were so stupid.

Suddenly, his perfect lips were on mine, kissing me hard, as his hands pulled me closer, our horribly clothed chests touching, perfectly aligned. It was crazy, how perfectly we seemed to fit together, and I breathed the moment in, feeling horrendously deprived of Sherlock. Our lips were moving perfectly in sync, each brush of tender skin setting our bodies alight, his hands feeling like safe-holds around me, sheltering me.

"I love you... I'm so sorry," I breathed, in between kisses, my warm hands drifting under Sherlock's shirt to rest on his cooler, satin skin. I hadn't meant for all of the shit to happen, heck, I hadn't even meant for Alder to happen. I would still affect us, I mean, Sherlock would probably worry if he had to treat me that way.

His hands settled gently on my shoulders, pulling me close with a heavy sigh, "I am sorry, John. I promise that she will never come between us again." He nuzzled into my neck, placing wet kisses along the skin. Slowly, I pulled off his tight shirt, kissing anywhere that I could reach whilst we were tangled together this way. It wasn't even sexual, but God, was it intimate.

It didn't take long before all of our clothes were gone, lips on skin, promises and apologies being whispered into each other's ears. It felt so right, to be back with each other, to be back in Sherlock's arms. It felt safe, safe from Irene, safe from Magnessun. We were wrapped in our own little bubble, where nothing could touch us but each other.

Eventually, we wriggled under the sheets, our legs tangled together in desperation and love. I hummed softly into Sherlock's neck, my lips pausing to speak, "I love you, Sherlock Holmes," I whispered, messing with the silver band on my finger. Obviously, we weren't married, but it felt like we would be, one day. Even if things didn't always run smoothly, I would never leave Sherlock's side.

"John, you know that I love you, too... but can you shut up and kiss me, please? We spent far too long dancing around each other," he sighed, making me chuckle as I pressed my lips to his in an open mouthed kiss.

It was safe to say that things were good between us again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sherlock..."