Chapter 14: Christmas Eve

A/N: I'm sorry that it's late, I did want to publish it the other night, but I hadn't quite finished it thanks to my wretched headache. Anyway, do enjoy.-N.H

John's P.O.V

"Why do I have to get dressed up?! I don't want to wear a tie... stop messing with my hair, Mother!"

I chuckled as Sherlock batted his mother's hands away, hissing under his breath at the vigilant woman. Everyone would be coming round; as in, all of the Holmes family. I didn't feel as nervous as I probably should, possibly because I didn't really give a fuck as long as Violet and Siger were okay with me.

Although, the possibility of being around more Mycrofts was a daunting prospect. One Mycroft was plenty for me to put up with over the holidays, albeit, Greg did help make him less of a prick. The guy had good intentions, he just had a really creepy way of going about it.

"John, we have something laid out on your bed for you. Please, feel free to go upstairs with Sherlock," Violet said, more demanding than requesting for me to go upstairs. With a small smile to Violet, I signalled for Sherlock to come up to my room with me and see what Violet was referring to.

On the bed was a beautiful three-piece suit, similar to Sherlock's; the only difference was my shirt being a deep blue as oppose to his purple one. Slowly, I stripped off my current clothing and threw it onto the floor, despite the fact they were clean on. From behind me, Sherlock gave a low hum of approval, so with a sultry smirk, I wiggled my hips and raised my eyebrows in a playful fashion.

"Oh, John, behave or I will have to teach you a lesson," he muttered suggestively, his voice seemingly lower.

"Is that a promise, Mister Holmes?"

"Always."

I grinned and put on the suit, enjoying the smooth material on my body. Somehow, they knew exactly what size everything I was, the fabric fit me like a second skin. Running my fingers down the fabric of the blue shirt, I realised that it smelt like Sherlock, too. Smiling, I turned around to Sherlock and took his hand into mine, leading him towards the doorway.

"I love you," Sherlock mumbled, his lips brushing my cheek, making me blush a little. He nipped softly on my earlobe, his breath ghosting lightly over the delicate skin. Running my fingers through his soft curls, I kissed his cheek, my lips lingering for a few seconds before I slowly pulled back.

"I love you, too."

The moment we pulled apart, the doorbell rang, followed by a short knock. Suddenly, my stomach turned, nerves kicking in. I fiddled awkwardly with the cuffs of my suit jacket, wishing the floor would swallow me whole.

"Boys," Violet called from downstairs, "Aunt Jenna is here, with Will!" Sherlock groaned and threw his head back, sighing in frustration.

"Into the pits of hell we go."

"Drama queen," I muttered, tugging him towards the stairs.

"Sherlock!" A kid screamed with joy, wrapping himself around Sherlock's leg as soon as he reached the bottom of the staircase.

"Hello, William."

The kid beamed, a wide toothy smile straight at Sherlock. He reached up on the tip of his toes and whispered something into Sherlock's ear that made a tiny smile quirk onto his Cupid-bow lips. Sherlock leaned his head down and muttered something into the boys ear, his eyes alight with excitement. William hugged Sherlock even tighter.

"Thank you!"

"That's quite alright, William. Now, I'd like you to meet John, my... boyfriend."