Chapter 17: Christmas Day- Part 2

A/N: I'm sorry that it's so delayed, I should have had it up last week, but I wasn't happy with it (I'm still not, but it will be okay for now). If you have any tips to improve this suckish chapter, please do message me. -NH

Sherlock's P.O.V

John and I were thrilled with the drawing from my parents; neither of us had expected something so simplistic, yet so personal.

I believe John had nearly cried. Not that I could blame him, of course. It was a truly beautiful gift.

It would be a while before dinner, so we retreated quickly to my room after thanking Mother and Father for the wonderful gift. It seemed like the opportune time to exchange ours.

"I'm kinda nervous," John whispered as he took my hand, linking our fingers together. Rubbing the soft of my thumb over his smooth skin, I placed a gentle kiss on his temple.

"Don't be, John. I'm sure whatever you've chosen will be perfect."

John smiled up at me, his bright blue eyes glinting warmly in the natural light. Quickly, he snaked into the room of which he had barely used, not for much else other than to store his clothes, and grabbed whatever my present was from where he had kept it safely hidden throughout the term break so far.

Once we were in my room, we sat on top of the silken covers, smiling awkwardly at each other as we blushed simultaneously. I leaned over and grabbed my present for John, beyond desperate to give it to him. Taking a deep breath, my lungs almost bursting with air, I readied myself to talk.

"John. I love you, more than anything else in the world. There will be times when I'm a complete arse, and you will probably consider killing me. But I hope that these will remind us both that we always have each other, even when we are apart... and remind you that I will always love you."

With nervousness creeping up more and more, I passed him the small velvet box, waiting patiently as he took it into his hands, smiling warmly at my speech. As he prised the lid open, his eyes brimmed with salty tears, a shocked smile crawling its way onto his thin lips, lighting up his entire face. He carefully slipped the small silver band onto his tanned fingers, looking closely at the engraving.

S & J

Grinning, he slid the identical ring onto my own finger, keeping his hand there as he smiled brightly at me. His smile was brimming with emotion; compassion, happiness, love, warmth, joy, security. It was everything I had never dreamed of hoping for, for the fear of never finding it.

John anxiously handed his present over, blushing awkwardly as I took it from his grasp.

"I'm sorry that it's not much, as you know, I don't have all that much to offer you," he coughed, smiling, "but there's an extra after you've opened that."

I couldn't help but scoff, "You offer yourself, John. There is nothing more I could ask for."

I raised an eyebrow curiously as I peeled back the thin paper. Upon it's folds lay a beautiful blue scarf, almost the exact same colour as John's eyes. The fabric smelt like John, that ever familiar, comforting smell that I enjoyed breathing in whenever we hugged.

"Thank you," I whispered, kissing him on the lips softly. A firm hand snaked around my neck and pulled me close, deepening the kiss. Letting out a soft groan, John pulled back, kissing my neck, marking it with his teeth and lips as he teased the sensitive skin.

"Now," he gasped, his hands running all over my torso, "you can choose what the next half of your present is."

I pursed my lips, deep in thought at John's words. A billion scenarios shot through my head, calculating the stimulation and pleasure each would provide. With too many choices, I shook my head, a smirk playing on my lips.