Chapter 11: Problem Unsolved- Part 2

Jim's P.O.V

One moment he was smiling, telling me all about his latest gun, the next he was lying in a pool of his own deep red blood, life evading his weak body. Embedded deep in his chest was a bullet, having shattered the window and laid to rest in his lung. As I stepped closer I knew there was no hope; his face was a ghost like pale, his chest rising and falling so weakly it could barely be seen.

"Seb! Why? It ca-" My voice was broken and flat, my mixed emotions storming through me, wrapping my thoughts in cotton wool.

"No, Jim! Please," Sebastian rasped, his voice like a silent whisper amongst a thousand trees. "I know what you'll do. Please, promise me you won't." His time was almost up, I nodded numbly in response. There was no way I could verbally promise him a lie when he only had a precious few breaths left.

His eyes fluttered closed, life long gone from his tortured body. I began to cry, tears rolling steadily down my cheeks, a new found vengeance boiling inside of me. I would hunt down whichever son of a bitch killed my Sebby, and they would pay in kind for the life they stripped. We weren't just colleagues, I had sentimental attachment to the boy. He was an awfully good shag.

Grabbing my scratched up phone from the depths of my Westwood suit pocket, I punched some codes and data into my phone, scanning for the location of Sebastian's killer. The joy I would have skinning him, his shaking body before my eyes as I listen to his screams. As soon as my phone locked onto the right location I left the room, the room which would only ever be associated with memories of death.

After snatching a few necessary items from our-my bedroom, one of those being the fabulous new gun Sebby had told me all about, I left the flat, only hesitating briefly to say a silent good bye to the man who was slightly less ordinary than everyone else.

The air was cold on my bare face, the strong wind making my eyes water for the second time today. Throwing my arm into the open space, I hailed down a cab and hopped in, secretly relishing in it's welcoming warmth. After giving the cabbie the address I shut myself off, for he was making the journey very tedious with his small talk of weather and football. Ugh, it made me feel sick. Ignoring him, I set my thoughts on how many bullets I would be placing in someone's stomach very, very soon.

The doors to the old, crumbling warehouse were already open widely. I hopped out of the cab after throwing the idiot driver some money and made my way to the shadow fallen building. An odd feeling creeped into my far too over active mind, something very wrong. Despite my instinct, that stupid thing that people rely on far too often, I pressed on, through the gateway into this dooming place.

As I stepped inside, a very known voice travelled through the air to greet me.

"I've been waiting to meet you again, James." Putting on a show for the poor boy, I audibly gulped, forcing myself look terrified as I turned to see the owner of the pubescent voice. This time, I looked closer, much closer that I had the first time.

His eyes were a piercing blue; they could have been classed as beautiful if I were ordinary like everyone else upon this boring earth. His hair was sandy blonde, covering his worried forehead, his smile grim, expressing the hatred I could never have assumed he had inside of him. Lying over his tight shirt were dog tags, not his obviously. No, sentimental value, yet the muscles flared under the tight jumper. Boy, was he a turn on for someone so horrifically adorable.

"Do you remember me, John from by the lake? I'd apologise for killing Moran, but he wasn't just collateral damage... he deserved to die. Plus, I had to get you here somehow. You see, I don't know if you'd care to remember, but you did something to someone I care about a great deal, something that holds worse than any murderer or serial killer in my eyes. My best friend, my partner, has been living so broken because of you, and now you will suffer at mine." His voice was full of pain and anger, vengeance in his eyes. How dull. He actually thought that there was a chance he could overpower me.