41| Permanent Decisions With Temporary Feelings.

|||| There are some scenes that could be triggering in this update, just a quick warning because I know that I personally have had experiences very close to this that could be triggering for some people. ||||

Inside Damion's flashy hotel room, I stood by the floor to ceiling windows and looked out at the view of the ocean.

"Want a drink?" Damion called out to me and I called back a yes, deciding that I would need some Dutch courage and something to heat me up a little. I still don't know if I should stay and go through with this; I could hear him crushing ice and pouring liquid from the small minibar in the corner of the room.

He returned with two tumblers of amber liquid, finished with orange peel and ice cubes. He carried them both towards the window where I was currently standing and then nodded to his iPhone on the side, indicating that I should pick a song.

"You choose." I looked back out at the ocean and took a shallow breath, what the Hell are you doing here? My subconscious yelled at me as I swayed slightly to the Amy Winehouse song that Damion had put on.

Whenever I have something good in my life, it is taken from me. Maybe destroying the good thing before it destroys me is the better move? I don't know what I'm doing here but a small, destructive urge was making me stay and not run from the room like I probably should.

He closed the gap between us and passed me one of the glasses, I eagerly took it from him and downed it in one to warm up. I didn't miss the flicker of amusement on Damion's face as I licked my lips and made a disgusted face at the burning liquor. Damion bit down on his bottom lip to stop a laugh escaping as I shook my head in disgust.

 Damion bit down on his bottom lip to stop a laugh escaping as I shook my head in disgust

"I'm not keen on that." I choked a little and he laughed at my reaction, "I didn't have you down for liking this kinda music." I love Amy Winehouse, especially 'You know I'm no good'. I was thankful that he didn't put on Christmas music as I know that as soon as I fly back to Boston tomorrow I am going to be bombarded with festive cheer.

"You don't know me," he took a sip of his own drink but before he could take it away from his lips, I reached forward and took it from him. To my surprise he let me take it and I downed his too. "Not your drink huh?" He teased me.

I pouted and nodded my head along to the music, "what is it?"

"Old fashioned, you can't get any better." I looked at him with a confused expression and he continued, "Don't tell me that you have never had one before!"

"Whoops." I grinned at him, "bourbon?"

"Bourbon, caster sugar, it has to be exactly two dashes Angostura Bitters- anymore and you ruin the drink and with ice of course," Damion shook his head at me and I started to laugh at the amusing voice he was putting on, "What? You laugh now but won't find another drink like it."

"I liked the high alcohol content." I shrugged, looking down at the two empty tumblers in my hands. I would need to be really, really drunk.

"I can see that," Damion chuckled, taking the two empty tumblers from my hands and placing them down on the table beside the window.