27| Ice Cold**

***\ETHAN'S P.O.V/***

Minutes later, we were walking into Josh's suite, choosing his over mine since he had an adjoining room with Hollie. Even after a year we still chose to stay in separate rooms to avoid the calumniating rumours that may circulate if people put two and two together. I hate living like this but I know that if people found out about us, it could ruin both mine and Josh's careers, nether the less it still fucking sucks.

 I hate living like this but I know that if people found out about us, it could ruin both mine and Josh's careers, nether the less it still fucking sucks

Once inside, Josh went directly to the minibar, making drinks for the three of us while Hollie spread out on the bed like a starfish. Typical.

The curtains were pulled back against the windows, the lights of the party glowing and flashing brightly from down below. From our room you could just about hear the beat of the music, the gentle hum was just enough that we didn't need any music in the room.

I removed my suit jacket and tie, tossing them onto the side chair, then unbuttoned the top two buttons on my shirt, rolling up the sleeves to my elbows. All the while I kept my eyes glued to Hollie, watching her as she rolled around on the bed, boasting to Josh about her win. She looked so fucking sexy rolling around on the sheets; however imagining her without the red dress was a particularly appealing image.

"I was on fire down there!" She grinned at Josh and I moved to sit beside her on the large bed, I'm attracted to her like some kind of pathetic magnet.

"Don't let it go to your head," I mumbled, running my fingers absentmindedly through her long brunette curls, "He was probably just letting you win."

Hollie's eyes shot up to me and in seconds she was sitting up to face me, "Excuse me!" Humour was laced through her accusatory tone. Game on then Miss Murphy.

"What?" I shot Josh an amused look, "He's good. He doesn't lose to anyone, especially not a-" I was cut off by a petite body collapsing on top of me. Hollie gripped both my forearms and pushed me backwards onto the bed so that she was straddling my waist.

"A girl?" She shot me a warning glare that told me not to take the bait. I simply let her continue without interrupting, "I am a very good poker player I'll have you know." God, she is sexy when she is annoyed.

I shot her an unbelievable look and shook my head, "You got lucky." I knew I was only feeding into her annoyance but she was making it too easy. I freed one of my hands and slid it over her exposed thigh, her dress had ridden up to her torso as she straddled me.

"That's it!" Hollie hopped off my lap, ignoring my small noise of protest, and began to search the draws for a pack of cards.

"I don't carry cards around with me," I told her, "I don't have an emergency card set."

"I didn't expect you to," she shrugged her shoulders before turning back to the large set of Chester draws beneath the window, "I'm going to find some."