Epilogue

~And the story continues...make sure to star the chapters and share the book with your friends

~Stay tuned for the sequel "N.O.R.M.A.L." Thank you for reading ☺

3 Years Later

"What did you mean by 'You take advantage of everything. Even the little things. You can't be grateful for anything'?" I was leaning against Malachi on the bench at the park while watching Delilah chase after the ball Mal just threw.

He sighed, "You're not going to let me forget that are you?"

"No, I'm not. Now answer me."

He sighed again and put his arm around me pulling me closer, "I was mad that you didn't want to be with me."

My fist punched his shoulder, "Not true."

He laughs, "Fine. I was stressed from all the girls lined up waiting for me to ask them out and was frustrated that the one I wanted was being stubborn."

I punched him again and gave him a stern look.

"Okay. Okay," he threw his hands up in surrender.

"I was upset and the words spilled out. I was mad because you had a place to live, food to eat, a dog, clothes, toys, and people that loved you and you were scared of being hurt when you had everything you needed. I guess I was jealous," I was happy he admitted this to me.

I snuggled closer to him. My phone beeped: Don't forget about your family back home. Remember to be home for dinner. Your mom is coming. Remind Malachi he's invited. Don't chicken out. Love you.

Only Meghan would say this to make me laugh. I did and it made Mal look at me with his eyebrow cocked which made me laugh harder.

"We better get home. I need to change before dinner and you could use a change of clothes, too," I laughed at him as he looked down at his shirt.

"What's wrong with this shirt?"

I giggled as he examined it closer. He looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"Alright. Alright. I will change. We can stop by my house on the way home. You know how Uncle Drew likes to see Delilah anyway," he started to hook Delilah to her leash.

"Are you going to keep repeating yourself? And since when does Drew like Delilah more than me?" He laughed as I slid my hand into his.

Three years ago, I learned that Malachi's parents had passed away when he was twelve leaving him to his Uncle Drew. That explained why he disappeared and why he started attending public school since his uncle couldn't keep up with his other arrangements.

When we made it back to my house, I went to my room and changed into my nice jeans and a comfy but nice shirt.

I walked into the kitchen, dodged Cody who was helping set the table. Victoria was decorating the salad and the other boys were tearing apart the turkey. Some would've thought this was a Thanksgiving meal, but David thought it would be proper for us to have a decent meal when my mom came.

A big crash stopped everyone in their steps. We all looked to Meghan who just spilled the pudding all over herself and the floor. Delilah was quick to be the cleanup crew. We all stood there staring until I couldn't help myself. I laughed a full-on belly clenching laugh. Everyone looked at me before they too joined in.

Meghan went to clean up while I set to make another bowl.

Ten minutes later the doorbell rang out. I was nervous she wouldn't show since she hadn't the last four times we invited her. David went to greet my mom, who was carrying a covered dish of peanut butter cookies, my favorite.

We all sat at the table. Like second nature, we all bowed our heads as David prayed. When my head came up I noticed my mom's wide shocked eyes. She didn't pray.

"Let's eat," David said not taking notice to that fact.

I looked to Malachi beside me. He was loading his plate when he turned to ask me if I wanted any corn. He looked me in the eyes where I directed him to my mom. His hand slid under the table and squeezed my knee. He whispered in my ear, "It's the little things in life."

I nodded. I needed to appreciate the fact that she came tonight. We ate in peace for the rest of the meal. When we were almost finished, Malachi clinked his fork to his glass.

"I would like to have everyone's attention. As you all know Americus and I have been together for some time and I would like to make today special for her," he got up from his chair and got down on one knee like he did when he asked me out, but this time he said, "Americus Beacon I promise to always be yours. Will you promise to always be mine?"

And with that, he pulled out a box that he opened and revealed a beautiful ring on a chain.

I smiled dumbly, "Yes, Malachi James, I will until death does us part." He stood and placed the necklace around my neck and planted a gentle kiss on my lips.

I didn't know what it was that made me feel this way maybe it was the way his dimples showed when he smiled or the way his blue eyes gleamed when he looked at me or maybe it was how crazy he made me, but I loved that boy so much and I don't think I will ever stop.