Chapter 12

Each step sends pain shooting through my legs. But now isn't the time to stop and relax. Heck, I barely have time to breath. A loud thud sounds behind me. I turn around and duck just in time for a huge rock to bounce over me. The wind force knocked the sunglasses on my head onto my eyes. It seemed as though the world had been painted orange.

Frustrated, I push them up and keep running. Each step I take is slower than the last. The stitch on my left ribs feels like it's a knife in my side. I look around. All the people with flying Pokemon are way ahead. Then I turn around and see two large dragons and a person backed up against the cliff wall. I clench my teeth; I'm too nice for my own good.

Rocks fly past me as I try to find the cliff. Sand is whirling through the air. Wait, flygon's pokedex entry says... I push the sunglasses down onto my eyes. It looked clear except the huge boulders and rocks tumbling around at high speeds. As I get closer, I see who the two dragons are. The salamance and my old friend charizard. So that means... I push forward with a new found energy. I keep running until a huge rock is coming towards me. By huge, I mean bigger than salamance. I can't dodge it. Why don't I fly? My wings are still crumpled from when salamance had me pinned on the wall. Inches away from me, the rock stops moving and glows purple. "Ha" I shout "ancient power!"

I toss it to the side and keep running. There's no way I'll be able to keep this up. Something hits my knee. "Ow!"

I clutch the spot where it hit. Another rock flies towards me. But it doesn't light up. I lift both of my hands to cover my face like it had a chance of stopping it. Well, I guess this is it. The end. Why am I so calm? I don't know. Why haven't I been crushed yet? I move my arms to see the huge rock hitting a blue barrier. Holding up the barrier was a rosarade.

She signals with her flowers for me to follow. Once I pass her she swiftly jumps to the side as the rock begins to roll again. Rosarade easily catches up and runs beside me. "Where are. we going?" I ask between breaths.

She points towards the cliff where salamance, charizard, and who I'm pretty sure is silver are with her flower. I nod and press onward. But a doubt is nagging in my mind: what if that isn't silver? Why would salamance be with him? What if this is a trap? I clench my teeth, it's silver. It has to be. Rosarade turns to look at me like she wasn't sure I was following. She has worry in her eyes. Finally, we are close enough to see who is there. Charizard is standing so we can't see the person. That IS silvers charizard. Beside charizard is salamance, who has a lost look. "Ro, rosa ra rade" rosarade shouts over the thudding of falling stones.

Charizard looks up at the noise and looks at rosarade with worried eyes. When we reach them, charizard steps aside to reveal what was behind him. Silver is sprawled across the ground, unconscious.