Chapter 8

"Wait, I'm not done"

I keep walking like I didn't hear him. I yawn. Mm maybe I should have a na-sleep powder. A butterfree flutters above me, dropping the green spores. It sees that I noticed it and flew away. I yawn again. I'd better run, if I don't it'll be too easy for them once I'm asleep. I climb a tree and start crawling along a branch to the next tree. A flock of pidgey fly away as I grasp the trunk. Vaporeon gjinkas are not made for climbing trees.

I clutch the branch above and pull up. It doesn't work... at all. It snaps clean off and makes me lose my balance. I quickly grab the branch I was sitting on. Now I'm dangling from the branch, with nothing in between me and the ground. Well, except my tail. But like that's gonna help. Footsteps sound beneath me. A group of three passes underneath me. My tail automatically curled up. "She's nowhere to be seen" one said. He looked kinda stupid.

"Uh, no duh" another said, obviously annoyed.

"Let's eat" another suggested, completely oblivious to the others' small quarrel.

The other two glare at each other then sit down. Really? do I have to hang from this branch until they finish their little meal? "The boss would be happy if we found that girl" the first one stated, confirming that his brain capacity was low.

Man two just rolls his eyes. "Mmhh" number three says through a mouthful of food.

My hand slips a bit. "Ow..." I whisper.

"Didja hear that?" said number 1.

The others just shrug. "What did the boss say her name was? katey or something"

My hands are slick with sweat. They both slip a little more. I'm going to have some bad blisters. They must be looking for me. I try to pull myself up, but the branch bends and makes a creaking noise. So I have no choice. I drop down, and whip my tail at the first one. It hits his knees and he falls over, wincing. The third just stares as I kick his shins.

I suddenly fall to the ground. Sleep powder.