Merry Christmas To Me

I wake up with tears stained on my cheeks. I can't believe that Caleb cheated on me after one day of dating. I knew it was too good to be true.

I kick my feet off the bed and make my way downstairs. Opening the fridge, I pour myself a glass of orange juice. Nothing like a sour taste to a sour day.

Suddenly, the door bell rings. What if it's Caleb? I slowly make my way towards the door and open it. A tall figure stands in front of me with his head in his hands and a bouquet of flowers on the floor.

"Dani, I'm so sorry! I was drunk and I had no idea what I was doing." He picks the flowers off of the ground and hands it to me. I look at the flowers in my hand and then glance up at him. I throw the flowers at his face and slam the door shut. Sliding down the door, I put my head in my hands.

That is the hardest thing I have ever had to do because the only thing I wanted was to kiss him. I look at the note placed on the door from my mom. "Invite Caleb over and decorate the tree together." I look at the note and crumple it up. We already have one decorated tree so I don't know why we need another one. My mom probably did this just for us. I know that if I don't invite him, my mom will get suspicious.

I sigh opening the door. Caleb is still standing outside my door looking at the flowers with disappointment. "My mom told me to decorate the tree with you and she will get mad if I don't." He smiles and enters the house. "Don't think that you're forgiven because you're not." I roll my eyes and grab the ornaments from the counter.

I put on Christmas Love by Justin Bieber and smile. I start placing the the ornaments onto the tree and mouthing the words. "Hey angle in the snow, I'm under the mistletoe. You are the one, you're my very own Christmas love. Tell Santa I'm cool this year, my present is standing right here. Thank God above, for my very own Christmas love." He sings to me stepping closer to me.

I blush and look down. No, Dani stop blushing he cheated. "...With your Christmas love." He continues. I step away from him and grab another ornament. After a while of silence, we finally finished the tree. I pick up the star and stretch my arms as wide as possible. Frustrated, I step on my tip-pie toes but fail.

"You need a lift?" Caleb says shooting me a half smile. I nod and he picks me up. I reach up and place the star on top of the tree. He lets me down and looks into my eyes. He starts to lean in but I turn my head.

"Caleb I think you should leave." He looks down with hurt in his eyes. "Do you have any plans today? It's Christmas Day." He says with hope in his eyes. I look at him and nod. "Yea, I'm going to a Christmas party today." I lie to him.

I walk towards the door and open it singling him to leave. He grabs his flowers and walks out the door, hanging his head. I shut the door behind him and sigh. I don't have any plans today. I wanted to spend Christmas with Caleb but he cheated on me. I thought I would finally be able to have a kiss under the mistletoe. 

I walk back upstairs and get into my blankets. Covering my face, a tear slips. Merry Christmas to me...