Scotch and Broken Hearts

I lay in bed thinking about what just happened. I can't fall in love. At least not this easily.

I stayed up all night doing buzz-feed quizzes to see if I'm in love. I know, I'm weird but I can't help but think about him and this whole mess I've gotten myself into. Why did I have to meet such a perfect jackass.

I get up off my bed and make my way towards the washroom. I take a quick shower and throw on a cozy outfit: Jeans and an oversized sweater. Perfect

I grab my backpack, walk out the door and into Ally's car. "Are you going to talk to Caleb?" She asks. "I'm not sure. I really don't want to talk about him right now." She gives me a slight nod and starts the car.

Pushing my way through the crowd, I bump into someone's hard back. I think I might've broken my nose. The mysterious figure turns around and it happens to be no other than the devil himself. Caleb.

I grab his arm and lead him out of the crowd. I really didn't want to talk this out but I realized last night that I'm miserable without him. As much as I hate to admit it, it's true.

"Dani what the hell." He pulls his arm away from my hand and stares at me coldly. "Shut up and listen to me. I told you how I felt and now that I know that you don't like me but can we please just put all this behind us? I just want to go back to the way it was." By the time I finish he's smiling. "I'd like that." He gives me a hug and then pulls away quickly.

"I thought about what Ally said. I was being stupid. I'm sorry." Wait, is the bad boy apologizing...to ME? I blink a couple times before accepting his apology.

This is not how I imagined it to go. I thought we would just end up fighting even more. I really have to thank Ally for this. "I just..never mind." He stops and looks down. "You know you can tell me anything but I'm not going to force you if you're not ready." He nods but then begins to talk again. "You deserve this explanation."

We sit behind the school wall and I anxiously wait for him to start talking again. "The reason why I pushed you out right away is because of this one girl. When Ally brought it up yesterday, I thought about it a lot and it made me realize that I should stop being so afraid." He pauses before continuing.

"There was this girl named Kira and I loved her. She was my first love. I thought our relationship would last until she cheated on me with one of my best friends. Because of her I completely shut down and started playing with girls. Now I'm scared of being close with any other girl because I'm afraid. I'm sorry for pushing you out." He looks up at me and then looks back down embarrassed.

"I'm so sorry about Kira. I get it. You're afraid to be hurt and trust me I've been there before. Let's just be friends. I think that's a better idea and plus I wouldn't want to throw this friendship away for a relationship." I smile at him but deep down I know that is not what I want.

The bell rings and we quickly walk to class. The day goes by pretty fast and before I know it I'm back home.

I open the door and fall on the couch. Thank god it's Friday! I pick myself back up and make my way up to my room. Sighing, I open Instagram and scroll through my feed for a while. No matter what I do my mind always finds it's way back to Caleb.

I pick up my book fangirl and begin reading where I left off.

Caleb's POV

I grab my helmet and keys to my motorcycle and quickly drive off to where Blake told me to meet him. Before I enter the abandoned building, I load my gun just in case. I walk in and see Blake waiting for me sitting on a spinning chair with his bodyguards around him. "Where's your sweet mother?" he says smirking. "Stay away from her." I scowl. "Now, is that any way to speak to your father?" My hands turn into fists.

"You are not my father, Blake!" I throw the suitcase full of money on the table. "10 thousand dollars. If I see you in Canada again, I will report you to the police. Now get the hell out!" I turn around to leave but my 'father' stops me.

"If you think I'm going to leave then you're wrong. Your mother and sister are coming with me." He picks up his glass of scotch and takes a sip of it. "Don't fucking touch my family." He smirks and puts his glass down. "You really think you could stop me? Report me to the cops. I fucking dare you! You'll only go down with me." I scrunch my eyebrows confused.

"Do I need to remind you what happened two years ago? Illegal drugs? Does that ring a bell. Once Daniella finds out who you really are do you think she'll still be with you." He chuckles standing up. "Don't bring Dani into this and don't you dare say anything!"

"You are nothing compared to me. I told you to assist me with my business. I even gave you two chances but you fucking threw it away. You could've had it all but you turned your back against me. Now you pay." He pulls out his gun and shoots the painting behind me. "You're next if you don't bring your mother to me."

I pull out my gun as well and shoot the glass of scotch in his hand. It breaks and cuts his wrist. "You're next if you don't leave my family alone." I push the gun into my jacket and walk out the door smirking.