The Rest Of My Life

The sun shines brightly in my eyes and I quickly pull the blanket over my head. I open my eyes slightly and notice that I'm not in my house. I spent the past night at Caleb's house obviously not sleeping with him. He let me sleep on his bed while he slept on the couch.

I push the covers and get out of bed stretching. "Hey there sleepyhead. How's your leg." Caleb says leaning against the door. I move my leg around a bit before replying. "It hurts a little but I'm fine now." I look at the time and my eyes go wide. "Caleb we're late to school!" I quickly rush but my leg gets the best of me and I fall to the floor.

"Yeah it hurts just a little." He remarks smiling. "We're not going to school because you're clearly in pain and you need rest." I rub my eyes and slump to the ground. "But I'm fine! Plus, the English test is today I can't miss that." I challenge but he just shakes his head.

"You're not fine and we can take it tomorrow." He helps me off the floor and leads me to the bathroom. "If you need help in there just call." He winks at me. "You can turn any situation dirty" I say rolling my eyes playfully. "It's a gift." He smirks and walks out. I quickly get dressed and walk out.

I try my best to walk down the stairs but the pain intensifies. It's not broken but it hurts so much. I take another step and shut my eyes from the pain. Caleb spots me and he quickly runs up the stairs to help me. "Please call me if you need help. I don't want your leg to get any worse." He says leading me down.

I grab onto the couch and sit down. He brings me coffee and granola on a tray to the couch. I smile up at him before he turns on the tv. He puts on my favourite show friends and smiles at me. "This will definitely make you feel better." Us together watching friends is just what I need right now.

I shouldn't be spending so much time with him. I shouldn't be here at all but I can't leave. Not physically of course but also mentally. Look at him, he does everything for me. How can I not fall for that?

He starts laughing at the tv and looks at me. "Why are you stating at me? Like what you see?" He smirks making me slap his cheek lightly. I turn my attention onto the tv and laugh at something Chandler says. He's always been my favourite character.

I try to move myself off the couch but it's useless. Caleb shoots up from his seat to help me but I put my hand up to stop him. "At least let me try." I say making him slowly sit down. I push myself up gently and stand on my both feet.

The pain shoots up my leg and I quickly lift it up. I start to wobble and suddenly lose my balance. I fall onto the couch and right on top of Caleb. I stare into his eyes as my breathing starts to slow down. He looks down at my lips and then his eyes travel back to my eyes.

All I wanted to do in that moment was to kiss him but I know I can't. The space between us decreases and my heart rushes. He leans in closer and brings his lips to my ears. He whispers slowly "Are you done staring sweetheart?" I push myself off and sit beside him blushing. I can't believe that I thought he was going to kiss me. I'm so stupid.

We sit in silence for a while. And no it's not comfortable silence. I fix my eyes on the tv not daring to look at Caleb. After a few seconds he gets up and heads to the kitchen. I bite my bottom lip and slap my forehead. I need to get out of here right now. Suddenly an idea pops into my head.

I bring my phone to my ear and start talking to nobody. "Yes mom, I'm at Calebs. I'll be over soon.....oh you want me to be over right now? Ok I'm coming." I look to the side and see Caleb leaning against the pillar. "Is that your mom? Let me talk to her." He reaches to my phone and I start to panic. He grabs my phone and sees that I'm not talking to her.

"She probably disconnected the call." I say slowly getting up. He pushes me back onto the couch and hold my phone right in front of my face. "I know you weren't talking to her. You don't have to leave because of what happened. Please stay." I take my phone back and nod at him.

**********************************************************************************************

"Alright, throw me the ball." Caleb looks directly at me bouncing from side to side. I chuck the ball over to him and he runs to the net and shoots a basket. His arms shoot up in the air and gives me a high five. To be fair, I'm just throwing him the ball while sitting on a bench. He's the one doing all the work. 

"Not bad for a beginner." He says and I scoff. "I play basketball for your information." I say crossing my arms. "Oh yeah? What's your favourite team?" He questions smirking at me. He takes a seat beside me. "I said I play basketball not watch basketball." I say rolling my eyes. 

He pushes the bench closer to the net and hands me the ball. "If you can score this then I'll believe you." I take the ball from him and raise my eyebrows. I shoot the ball and it doesn't even go anywhere near the net. Yeah, I suck. He starts laughing so hard that he has to clench his stomach. "I knew you were bad but I didn't know you were that bad!" He says in between laughs.

"Yeah yeah, laugh all you want but one day I'm going to be in the NBA." I announce making him laugh even more. I notice a hose laying next to me and smirk. I grab the hose and spray him completely drenching him. He screams and then grabs the hose out of my hand pointing it at me. I cover my face which is no help at all since I am soaked. I give him a death glare but then we both burst into laughter.

I get up and he helps me to the kitchen. He hands me a towel and gets one for himself as well. We both stare at each other for a second and then he smiles while wiping off water from his hair.

In that moment I realize something. It may be because of the weather or maybe because I'm here with Caleb but I think I might be falling in love with this boy. I know it's wrong but it's happening and I can't stop this feeling. I take another look at him and smile. I mentally nod to myself and look away. This is the boy I want to spend the rest of my life with.