2 ; 18 : "Yeah, Whatever."

{Dwayne Onfroy}

"Stokeley, stop." I heard my son as he tried to whisper to his boyfriend. Them and Aiden were backseats of the SUV while I kept some small gifts in the front next to me. Thankfully, Aiden had on some beats headphones listening to whatever shitty kid's cartoon he was watching on the iPad.

I sighed. I knew this was gone be a long ass trip. Cleopatra asked if I would bring the boys to Alabama for the family Christmas dinner. Despite us being split up, our families were close friends so we always got together for the holidays.

I obviously didn't say no. I got to spend more time with my son and finally got to meet the boy he was always blabbing about whenever we spoke on the phone.

"So, Steven..." I looked in the rearview mirror to see my innocent baby son seated on this hooligans lap. I damn near swerved into the left lane of traffic.

Steven had his mouth on my son's neck but removed it when he realized I was looking at them. He still kept his arms around my son's waist.

"What do you do, Steven?"

"Uh, it's Stokeley, sir. And I'm a part-time college student and I'm employed at my uncle's mechanic shop."

"Stokeley, Steven, same shit."

Jahseh shook his head and I held in a laugh. I remembered the boy's name from when he first told me, just in case I needed to put a hit out on him if he hurt my son.

But, my most important job as a father is to embarrass my son.

"Jah, you ready to see Ariana again?"

Stokeley raised an eyebrow at that and looked at my oldest son. "Who's Ariana? Is she the reason you want the Stoke Strok-"

"No!" Jahseh interrupted him. "She- She's my older sister."

"You never mentioned a sister to me. Why not?"

Jahseh sighed and glared at me through the rearview mirror. "We haven't spoken since I came out to the family."

It was my turn to sigh as I turned onto the highway. "Jahseh, she said she's really sorry."

"That's bullshit and you know it, Dad." I broke my damn neck looking at Jahseh.

"Who you cursing at? Not me. I'll crash this damn car and walk away unscathed." He rolled his eyes and I pulled off of the road and slammed on the brakes. Everyone jolted forward and Aiden fell on the car floor with a yelp.

I took my seatbelt off and opened the driver side door. I walked over to Jahseh's side of the car and started taking my belt off.

Tuh,*kimetrius voice*, he thought he was gone curse AND roll his eyes at me? He got the wrong one.

I yanked the car door open, belt in hand, and faced a shocked Stokeley and somewhat scared Jahseh.

I leaned inside the car and started swinging my belt.

-

Jahseh was now laying down with his head in his boyfriend's lap, tears slipping out and hitting the other's denim jeans. Stokeley was trying his best not to laugh, biting on his bottom lip.

I had gotten into the driver's seat again and put on my seatbelt. I started up the car and began to drive again.

"We gone try again. Jahseh, are you ready to see Ariana?"

"N-No."

"And why not?"

"My feelings are still hurt. She told everyone in school about me coming out and bullied me as well as the other kids. You guys just feel bad for her cause the attention turned on her after I left."