7 : "Follow Me."

{Jahseh}

I opened my eyes and looked around. Where the fuck am I at? I looked over to see bodies on the floor and I momentarily got scared. I looked to my other side and saw Stokeley and then everything flooded back to me.

We went to the amusement park and came here to avoid traveling all over New York City.

I rubbed my eyes and stretched. My butt clenched and my legs started doing that little retarded shake. I sat up and raised my arms above my head until I heard a little pop. I heard a yawn and I looked in the direction it came from. It was coming from the boy with the pink dreads. Gassy, Gazzy?

He looked at me and smiled. "Good morning." I gave him a toothless smile in return. I turned to Stokeley's direction and hit him. Not to be mean but because I was hungry and ian know where the food was at.

"Stokeley." Nothing.

"Stoke." His face scrunched up and relaxed.

"Fat boy." He still wasn't answering.

"Stokeley Pokeley." I started smacking his cheeks.

I leaned over towards him and situated my mouth next to his ear.

"Daddy." His eyes opened so quick. He looked and realized it was me. He smiled real hard. "I'm daddy now?" I let out an ugly laugh. "No, I'm just hungry and wanted to ask if you had cereal." He contorted his face to make it look like he was crying. "Deadass? Why you don't love me?" I shook my head and smiled. "Do you have cereal or not?" He wiped his eyes. "Yeah, on top of the cabinets in the kitchen."

I got up and walked towards the kitchen. I looked for the cereal, found it and groaned. Why was it that high up? I reached for it as hard as I could. I jumped a couple of times. I still failed miserably. I was about to give up when someone came from behind me grabbing my waist and lifted me up. I grabbed the cereal and they brought me back down and sat me on the counter.

"Thank you, Stokeley." He didn't respond but he kept staring at me. He leaned closer towards my face and I blushed. I almost leaned in but I pulled my head back.

"You know, suddenly, I'm not hungry anymore." I jumped off the counter and ran.

-

"Happy Birthday, Gazzy!" He blew the candles out on his cake and smiled. Be grabbed the knife that was laid next to the cake and started cutting it. I didn't want to eat cake at the moment so I made my way to the couch. Stokeley followed after me.

"You okay? You're not the person to turn down food." It was cute how he was fussing over me. "Yeah, I'm okay."

I looked at Gazzy and Omar, they were dancing to the beat of the Spanish song and smiling. They looked so happy.

I stood up and grabbed Stokeley and dragged him to the middle of the living room. "Dance with me, Stoke."

"I don't know how to." I grabbed one of his hands and put it on my waist. I gripped one of his shoulders with my hand. My right hand and his left were clasped together. "Follow me." I started to sway slowly and he watched and copied. I leaned my head on his shoulder and we danced. For that moment, there was only him and I in the room.

-

Gazzy's extended family had left, so his friends and I were helping him clean up. I was wiping down the table when everyone's phone rang.