Chapter Thirty-Two

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

The faint, warm light from the lamp-post across the street and the darkened sky washed over them as they sat on the porch that night, a bottle of wine and two half-full glasses beside them. A gentle breeze blew, bringing along the fresh scent of damp soil, the sound of raindrops falling from the sky and the trees swaying to nature's will.

As the light danced over the brunette's face, Lisa reached out to trace her knuckles over Jennie's smooth puffy cheek, causing catlike brown eyes to search her, pleasantly surprised.

"You're so beautiful~..." Lisa whispered, almost reverently.

Jennie shook her head, a wide smile spreading on her lips. "I can't believe you," She said, amused.

Lisa grinned. Leaning forward, she pressed her plump lips to hers, loving the way Jennie responded as her warm hand came to rest on the tall Thai's collarbone. Lisa grasped Jennie's hips and pulled her closer, and Jennie smiled into their kiss. Lisa's too large jacket slipped from Jennie's shoulders, making her shiver as Lisa's hands ran up her back, under her shirt, and caressed her bare skin on their way to tangle in her wind-blown hair.

A low beep interrupted them. Jennie recognized the sound in an instant, and pulled away in spite of Lisa's whine, reaching for her phone.

"Now what?" Lisa asked, nearly pouting.

Jennie snuck one look at the blonde and then rolled her eyes. "E-mail~." The brunette answered simply.

Lisa groaned, pried Jennie's hands off the phone, and pulled her back into a kiss. "Forget about work..." Lisa muttered against Jennie's lips. And the brunette would have—Jennie would have lost herself into the warmth and protection of the blonde's arms—had it not been for Jennie's phone beeping again from where Lisa had tossed it beside them.

Jennie laughed silently when Lisa muttered. "I knew I should hidden it when I had the chance and never given it back."

"Important project~." Jennie supplied and stood up, taking her phone with her as she made her way back inside the house.

With a sigh, Lisa picked up the rest of their belongings and stood, following her inside. "Which you can work on, you know—at work." Lisa commented as she headed for the kitchen. Jennie had been gone all day and Riley had been a handful and Lisa had been looking forward to a couple of hours of peace and quiet and her Nini~. Lisa had never quite realized just how little time they actually spent together until she once again felt entitled to have Jennie by her side every waking moment—and then some.

Jennie turned to throw Lisa a flat look before entering the living room. "Smartass." Jennie called. "Unfortunately, this is a full-time job."

Lisa frowned at Jennie's choice of words and, after placing the bottle of wine and their glasses on the counter, made to follow her, coming to stop before the coffee table. "I thought you liked what you do."