Chapter Twenty-Two

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

∞∞∞

I caught a whiff of her CHANEL perfume as Jennie stalked past me into the hotel room, long khaki hair falling down her back in soft curls.

Jennie came to a stop in front of the couch, and turned around, grey sweater-dress twirling around her milky-white thighs. Arms crossed over her chest, expression set in a bored, yet still slightly annoyed undertone, she watched as she shut the door behind me and followed her into the main room, before speaking in a monotonous tone. "There is only one bed, Manoban."

I heaved a sigh.

Her catlike brown eyes, darkened by make-up, bored into me—challenging me, daring me to speak up and defend my very own interests. Jennie enjoyed watching me squirm, which was for sure.

"Nini~..." I started, feeling the first signs of exasperation beginning to tug at me. "I know you're mad. I understand. I know I haven't been the best wife, but I'm trying!"

Her eyebrows rose, and I wanted myself to quickly jump from the tall building.

"I am!" I defended. "While you're just sitting around, yelling at me, never losing an opportunity to tell me how wrong I've been!"

"That's bull and you know it." Jennie remarked in a calm, no-nonsense tone she had taken a liking to using on me.

"Jennaaaeeee!" I whined. "You promised!"

Her dark brown catlike eyes flashed. "I promised I would try to save our marriage, but not by sleeping with you!"

"Sleeping in the same bed does not necessarily mean we have to have sex!"

"You'd love that, though, wouldn't you?"

I paled. UGH. I knew this type of trap questions all too well. "Well, yeah, b—but—" I spluttered.

"Ugh, pervert!" Jennie groaned, stalking into the bedroom, "You are the most pervert person I had ever met, I swear!"

The last sound I heard was that loud banging of the door slamming shut behind her.