(Epilogue.)

A Year Later

A bird landed in front of me and I smiled at him. He blinked a few times before Hermes beside me gasped and he quickly sat up. He breathed a little heavily as he stared at the bird then he start chuckling as he looked at me. I gave him a thumbs up and he kissed me.

“I knew I was strong for being in my generation, I didn’t know I was that strong to be able to go into another creature body. I thought you had to be Fifth to be able to do that.” he said. He arched an eyebrow, “You swear you didn’t help?”

I shook my head, “No help from me, promise. You did it, you did it yourself.”

“How though?” he asked. “I’m a Third, it’s not possible.”

I pointed at his forehead, “You just need enough concentration. My dad learned it and he was able to actually send that magic to my mother. Her soul was projected into the neighbor dog.”

“You dad is crazy.” he said and I shrugged. “So now you guys are gonna have your mates turn into dogs just like yourselves?” he asked sarcastically and I hit his shoulder, making him chuckle.

“You wouldn’t survive being a wolf.” I said.

He tilt his head, “Why’s that?”

“Because you’re not that awesome.” I said, shrugging. “Even, at first it’s scary. I remember my first shift, it was intense. The moment before it happens, you see what becomes your other half of your soul. You can see your other half in the moon light and she ran over to me, jumping into my body. We became one. She just needed her mate to come back to her.”

He stared at me for a second, “You have to tell me what happened when you met Fiacre and Meline Janiver. There are like royalty, Jaycee. Why can’t you tell me?”

“Because they’re scary.” I said. “The old lady just looked at me and if I would have meet her in my wolf skin, my tail would be between my legs. You know her eyes are these crazy intense milky blue color? I felt her magic just aura off her. You know I can people aura now since that’s my gift and hers was crazy shinning this gold color, even for her old age.”

He reached over and twirled the strain of gray hair that doesn’t seem to go away. I don’t think that two inch thick of hair ever going to be dark brown again. I don’t mind it so much as I use to, it became apart of me and I think it’s pretty cool. “Why is that stopping you though? I told you. It’s not like they told us we couldn’t be together.”

“They wouldn’t have stopped us anyways. I don’t ever want anyone telling us that we can be together or not.” I said. I stared at him for a moment before sighing, breaking, “Fine. She threaten to take my family wolves away. She a Tenth, Hermes. She could do it with just a snap of her fingers. We just have to keep my kind side in line and she’ll do the same for yours.”

“That didn’t go very smoothly last time though at the last gathering.” he said, frowning.     

“I shouldn’t justify James Russo’s action since I didn’t even know him, but your cousin Caider shouldn’t have provoked him.” I said.

“I know that, but James shouldn’t have gotten his brothers into it.” he said. “Ganging up on someone?”

“We’re wolves, we’re come in packs.” I said. “He called James a dirty foul dog. He kept poking at James until he snapped.”

“I know, I know.” he said. He sighed heavily, “These gathering are hard though. I mean, we knew it wasn’t going to be easy but damn. It’s hard to bring two different people together.”