(Chapter Thirty-Three.)

I was waking up from sleeping and I felt something under me. I opened my eyes and saw trees in my view, the sun was rising. My head was going up and down from something I was laying. I smelled Hermes cologne faintly and I remembered I hadn’t wanted to go home last night since I felt too ashamed.

I placed my hand on the ground and lifted myself up, looking at Hermes who was asleep. He was shivering a little since he was in his hoodie and boxers. I thought my body heat would make him warm but I guess it wasn’t. I sat myself up, tugging at his shirt I was wearing and his jeans were baggy on me. I had ripped my clothes last night. I was losing a part of me.

I ran my hands threw my hair, grabbing a fist full, and brought my knees up. What is wrong with me? I really thought I was fine, but after last night when I had a scare if I could shift or not, it made me realize how serious this must have gotten. I pulled my hair out of my hair and hit my head, “Idiot, you’re an idiot Jaycee. Why’d you screw it up?”

“Jaycee?” Hermes questioned, his voice groggy.

I hid my face in my head, “I’m losing it, Hermes. My mind, my sanity, the other half of me.”

“No you not.” he said as he yawned.

“You probably think I’m such a freak. I am turning into Lucinda and I don’t want to.” I said. “But the magic, it feels so good.”

“I know it feels good, but it’s dangerous to.” he said. He put his arm around my shoulders, “Let’s get you home—what is this?” he asked as he touched my hair and I lifted my hair to see a big strain of my hair from on top of my hair in front of my bangs was gray.

My eyes widen as I took a sharp breath, taking the strain of hair, “What happened? Why’s my hair turning gray?”

“I don’t know, Lucinda hair never turned gray.” he said. “It’s probably an effect to using so much magic.”

I shook my head, “I’m going gray and I’m only seventeen! Maybe if I dye my hair or have Carmina fix it—“

“Carmina?” he questioned. “I think we should stay away from her.”

“But she’s helping me.” I said as I turned to him. “She only wants to help me.”

“She’s using you, Jaycee.” he said and I opened my mouth, but he shook his head. “No, Jaycee, don’t be in denial. She isn’t helping you, she’s using you.”

“But—but why would she do that?” I asked and he gave me a hard look. I pouted, “Because I’m a werewolf, a Russo. This sucks.”

*

When I walked into house, I was catching my dad just as he came down the stairs. I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him tightly, hugging him like I was a little girl again. “I’m so sorry, daddy, I was such a brat last night.” I said.

“You could have said that last night, your mom gave me the cold shoulder all night.” he said. “What are you wearing?”

“It’s not like that.” I said as I stepped back. “I shifted last night while I wearing my clothes, I was a little out of my head last night but I’m sorry. I realized how wrong I was, I know you would never hurt me. I was being a little brat.”

He raised his hand and cupped my cheek, “You’ll always be a brat, Jaycee, just be a good brat.” His eyebrows came together and he touched the gray streak, “What is this?”

“Uh . . . stress.” I said and he gave me a concern look, opening his mouth. I shook my head, “I don’t want to talk about it, and I’m dealing with it. It should go away Hermes said.” I said, lying.