(Chapter Eight.)

I grinned as I sneaked up behind Hermes, him completely oblivious of me coming towards him. I held my hands out and when I reached him, I quickly tickled him, "Surprise!", I said pretty loudly.

Hermes body stiffen as his rose, gasping. He turned around and glared at me, "Jaycee!".

I chuckled, "Oh come on, it was funny! You look like you were day dreaming anyways.". He snorted and I saw him look me over. I blush, but I leaned against the locker next to him, bring one of my hands up to my head. I was far from posing 'sexy'. I never tried to please anyone with my looks, but Hermes is one of those guys who seem to like girls who care in their looks a little. I had on rip shorts (They were pretty long, school code about wearing short that go past our finger tips. Only Jenny could get away with it since her mom on the committee.) with some black leggings and black combat boots with a red and black flannel shirt. "So,", I said, trying to avoid the silence, "How was your night?".

His eyebrows rose before he chuckled once, closing his locker, "Is that you way of trying to look sexy, Jaycee? You look pretty uncomfortable actually.".

I frowned as I stood up from the locker, cursing myself for failing the pose. I cleared my throat, "I thought we could hang out again after school.".

"I can't.", he said and I was waiting for his hand to go up behind his neck to scratch, but the scratch never came.

I pouted, "Why?", I asked.

"I...", he started, but looking down at the ground for a moment for looking back up at me. "I have to take care of something before we can hang out again.", he said.

My eyebrows pushed together, I was totally confused. I didn't know what he means and I have a feeling he wont tell me, but I gave it a try, "What do you mean?".

He shook his head, "It's nothing for your concerns.", he said, turning to walk away, but like always, I grabbed him and turned around, wanting answers.

"No, tell me. I can handle anything.", I told him.

"Yeah, you freaking out when you realized what I am.", he said and I glared at him for a moment. "Look, Jaycee, I'm serious. Stay away from me, I don't want you to get hurt.", he said, walking away quickly.

"Hurt?", I whispered to myself, confused. How will I get hurt?

I went to class totally confused and a guy was sitting behind the desk I usually sit at. I never seen him before. He had blonde hair and was pretty tan. He had this kiddish-hot look and he was a hot guy.

He stared up at me when I came over to my desk. Though he was hot, he kind of weirded me out a little. I got this strange crawly feeling on my back as I sat down and I could feel him staring at my back.

He cleared his throat suddenly, "I'm Cody.".

I turned hesitantly when no one spoke back to him, "Me?".

He chuckled, his smile perfect, "Yes, you. It would be considered nice to know you name now."

"Oh, it's Jaycee.", I said.

"Ah, so your Jaycee.", he said, sounding like he was talking to himself since he did whisper it. My eyebrows came together and when I was about to ask him what he meant, he leant forwards towards me, "Your pretty cute.".

I couldn't help be a little amused at how blunt he was, "Um, thank you?".

He bit his bottom lip, "So, you got a boyfriend?".