(Chapter Five)

(Hermes)

I was twirling my pen around in a circle with my fingers as I watched Tony walk into class. His seat was near mine, so he saw me watching him when he came in. He looked confused as he sat down and cleared his throat, “Uh, what? Do I have something on my face?”.

I gave a friendly smile, “No.”.

He started to look a little uncomfortable with my staring and he turned away from me, unzipping his binder and I whispered as silently as a cat the Latin word 'illusion' and when his binder top opened, only me and him saw a snake jump out.

Tony sprung up and cried in horror. Most of the class was already here and they all looked at him like he was crazy. Tony looked down at his binder, his chest going up and down quickly as he breathed hard, looking frighten as if he saw a ghost.

I was trying hard not burst myself out in laughter. I bit my bottom lip and told myself it would seem suspicious if I started just laughing. I'll laugh it all out when I get home.

When I forced myself to act normal, I looked up at him curious, “Alright there, man?”.

He looked up at me and I pictured him as a eight year old chubby brownish-red hair boy, laughing down at me as he pushed me and throw dirt at me after he dumped some in my pants. Oh yeah, I felt no guilt doing that to him and I have no intent on stopping.

“Y-yeah, I just thought...never mind.”, he said, sitting down quickly, looking so confused.

I took this opportunity as he adjusted in his seat to spell a joke on him to make him fart out loud in class. I brought my hand up to my mouth, hiding my breaking grin as I wanted to burst in laughter.

“T-that wasn't me!”, Tony said quickly an when he looked at me, I dropped my smile and hand, giving him a shrugged like I didn't know anything. He looked completely embarrassed and I felt satisfied...for right now.

I continued this pranking on him and his buddies for the rest of the week. I must say, I enjoyed myself completely. To see them humiliated was great and the memories of them humiliating me just gave me the urge to do it again and again. Bugs would appear suddenly in their food, desk, or even on them. A snake here in there in their locker, seat, and a few other creative places.

Ruining their practices and their flirting with girls were a great to. It was fun seeing their lives getting ruined so quickly in one week. No knowing what's going on, the principle called them into her officer and demanding them to stop with their game, saying she knew it was the first week of school, but to cut it off. They tried to tell her it wasn't them, they didn't know what was happening.

I grinned, laughed, and patted myself on the back for a good job. Karma a real mother fucking bitch and I plan to keep doing it for a few more weeks. Making their lives hell is worth being stuck in this town.

Of course, Jaycee was always in the way. She knew it was me—who else would make snakes just suddenly appear? She was smart and tired to talk me out of it, saying it was dangerous and someone could catch me, but I could just do a little spell and make them forgot. It wasn't really that hard.

I did my best to ignore her and I was good at it. She would only catch up to tell me to cut it out and when she would try to bring 'us' up, I would change the subject and leave.

When the weekend came when I thought I would give my magic a break, Lucinda would appear in my dreams and wouldn't leave until I woke up. It was the usual, try to talk me into getting back together with her. I've tried Friday night the block spell and it didn't work. I really hate to admit, but she was write. I'm not that strong yet. It takes more then just saying a spell and it happen. It could work, but for only five minutes. I have to practically wish for it to happen.