(Chapter Ten.)

(Hermes)

            I walked over to the trash can and took the lid off, not caring if people watched as I reached in and grabbed the charm bracelet. Okay, I get it, I pissed her off, but she has to wear it or Lucinda will do something and this is the only thing to protect her from the magic…I hope. Lucinda is pretty stronger and I don’t know how strong my magic will be against her, but it’s better then nothing.

            I squeeze the bracelet in my hand as I put the lid back on and went to my first class, deciding to give it to her later. I was so busy now worrying about Lucinda and Cody, I haven’t had the pleasure to mess with Tony yet. I guess I could give the guy a break.

            (Jaycee)

            When I walked into class after lunch and walked over to my usual seat, I was surprised to find the bracelet I threw away this morning on my desk. I picked it up and rubbed my thumb over the dragon.

            I turned my head around and looked at Hermes, who back was to me and made a fist. Why is so important I have this thing that he picked it out of the trash and put it on my desk? I thought about going up to and ask him, but I knew I wouldn’t get an answer. I know stubborn people, I’m one of those people.

            Making sure the bracelet was all balled up the best way I can and happy the teacher left the room, I threw it at the back of Hermes head and he jumped, turning around and looked at the ground for a moment.

            He bent down and picked it up, breathing out in frustration as he got up, “Jaycee, you have to we—“,

            “Hermes, sit down.”, Mrs. Goldstein said as she walked into class.

            “Just one second—“

            She put her hand on her hip, “Sit, now.”.

            Hermes looked at me for a second, so I turned my attention down to my book I was reading, and I heard he curse under his breath real quietly only I could hear. I heard his butt hit down on his chair as he sat down, taping the dragon charm against the table.

            I brought my hand up to the bottom of my chin and rest it there as I faked paid attention to Mrs. Goldstein. With my other hand, I was drawing random shape and figure on my notebook as I started to day dream.

            Is it bad to day dream about wanting to make out with a person you hate? I think it should be, but it’s hard not to think about kissing Hermes. I always hated cheesy romance movies, but I wish we could just suddenly kiss in the rain.

            I imagine my arms around his waist, holding onto that jean jacket of his as if my life depended on it as he kissed me. When I woke up from the day dream, I realized I was smiling and I let the smile dropped to a frown, sad that it wasn’t going to come true.

            I looked at Hermes in the corner of my eyes and I just wanted to hit him, mad because he didn’t want me! I wasn’t trying to be shallow, but why can’t I have what many of my cousins have? All theirs mates never gave them trouble—but maybe it was cause I have cousins who look like they could be models. I was the weird one of the family, they all say I’m like my mom. They all except me to be this sport diva who would play basketball or soccer, but I love to read, listen to my music, and tend not to wash my hair a whole lots sometimes.

            I sighed as I looked away and went back to day dreaming, trying my hardest not to think about Hermes, but he somehow manage to get into my thoughts and I hated him for that. If I could do it without getting in trouble, I would throw a pair of scissors or the stapler at him.