Chapter 8

Jasper...

We’ve been attending Forks high for two months now. Bella hasn’t had any trouble with Mike, since I had a little conversation with him warning him to stay away from my ‘fiancé’ while pushing a bit of fear towards him, he happily agreed. He doesn’t talk to her anymore, which she is happy about.

Edward starts school today, Alice has been bouncing in her seat for the past week, after the whole town found out the chief of police’s son is moving to town. It still surprises me how much this town talks, everyone knows everything about everyone. Alice and Bella are in the same classes with Edward. Alice has been asked to help Edward around school, she’s inviting him to sit with us at lunch.

Alice has already warned me and Emmett to be nice, after threatening to destroy my BMW I8 and Emmett’s Jeep, they are our most important thing after our wives, so she knew we would listen. I knew for a fact Alice wouldn’t destroy my car, knowing Bella would be on her within seconds. I can’t attack her with her been a girl, so Bella does it for me, when it’s needed, but I decided to humor her.

Carlisle as recently told us the wolves have started shifting with us been back in town. Carlisle confronted Billy Black, explaining him that just because we are mortal enemies, there was no need for him to dictate us to the chief of police, Billy apologized, before explaining her was pissed because the wolves would start shifting, and his son was included. We still have the treaty in place, me, Bella and Alice, have met Billy Black. Alice was thinking about explaining the whole Edward situation to him, but she decided not to. Billy noticed Bella straight away, which shocked us all. Billy explained that her brother died a few years back with cancer, Bella dry sobbed the rest of the night. We asked Billy to not let Charlie and Edward know about her, which he agreed to, saying he couldn’t unless we gave him permission to or tell him our secret.

The students have finally, stopped gossiping about us and Esme, well that was because of Bella confronted Jessica and Lauren.

Flashback...

We was sat at our usual table in the dinner hall except for Bella who was in the line to get her ‘food’ when we eared Jessica and Lauren, talking...

“I can believe their all adopted, who would want them anyway. They all think there better than the rest of us. Mrs Cullen just adopted her because she can’t have kids” Jessica told Lauren while laughing at the end, thinking we couldn’t hear her. “Yeah especially Bella, I can’t stand her, she thinks good because she’s engaged to Jasper. I mean please if he had met me before her, that ring would be on my finger” Lauren replied a bit more loudly, just as Bella was walking past.

“What’s wrong are you jealous or something Lauren. I tell you what we will go up to Jasper now and see if he wants you because if he does he can have you. Oh and Jessica I eared what you said about us and Esme. Talk about us again you will find yourself 6 feet under” Bella hissed at them both. Lauren stood up looked at me then back at Bella. “come on then let’s go see Jasper” Bella knew I would choose her over anyone, but her emotions went to possessive and jealousy. I could tell Iz was threatening to come out to protect what was hers. I also knew that after the little conversation with Lauren, she would be dragging me out into the woods to show me who I belonged to, she can be as possessive as me sometimes.

Lauren walked over to are table with Bella. Bella sat down next to me, while Lauren stood at the other side of the table. Emmett was laughing under his breath, he knew what was going to happen after this whole conversation was over. “so Jasper Lauren here, thinks that if you met her before me you would be engaged to her instead of me” Bella told me. “Fat chance in that” I told her honestly, Laurens face just dropped and turned round and ran out of the dinner hall. Bella ragged me out into the forest and showed me who I belonged to.

End of Flashback...

I was brought out of my thoughts when the bell rang for dinner. Me, Emmett and Rose walked to the dinner hall at our usual table after getting our ‘food’ knowing we was going to be having a human with us. “So what do you think Alice will be like with Edward sitting with us. I’m telling you now I’m not eating any of this human food” Emmett told me under his breath. Rose started laughing at his comment. “Don’t worry Bella as already told her we won’t be eating, Bella even pretended that she wasn’t well, so she doesn’t have to get any. Alice wasn’t happy about it, but what can she do, she won’t stand up against Bella” Just as I was finished Bella walked over to our table, while Edward and Alice went over to get some food.

“Damn right she won’t stand up against me” Bella told us chuckling, while sitting on my knee nuzzling my neck. “What’s he like?” Emmett asked her. “Honestly, just like my brother. He looks like him as well” I could tell she was happy she had some of her family back in her life. Just as she finished Edward and Alice came over to the table. “Guys this is Edward Swan, Edward this is Emmett McCarty, Bella’s older brother, Jasper and Rosalie Hale who are twins. Rosalie and Emmett and Jasper and Bella are engaged.” Alice introduced us. “Hi” we all told him. I looked at Alice and noticed she was eating some human food. “Seriously Alice, you’re eating that shit?” I asked her just for us vampires to ear. “So Edward tell us about yourself” I asked him. “Well, my dad is the chief of police. I moved here so my mum can enjoy her new married life. My dad, well let’s just say he’s a bit depressed” Edward told us honestly. “Why’s he depressed, if you don’t mind me asking?” Bella asked him, obviously worried about her nephew. “It started when I moved here, I look a lot like his dad, who passed away a couple of years ago. Anyway I had a sister who passed away at a few months old before I was born, he name is Isabella Swan she was named after my granddad’s sister, who went missing about 50 years ago” As soon as he said that Bella’s emotions went sad, and I knew she would start dry sobbing soon. “Excuse us” I told him while I took Bella outside.

“What has you so upset darling?” I asked her after we got into the forest. “He named his daughter after me, he knew about me. I just feel hopeless, my nephew is sat at the same table as us, telling me his dad is depressed because he looks like my brother, and I can’t do nothing about it” Bella told me while dry sobbing into my chest”

We talked for a couple of minutes before we went back to the others.”What you doing after school Edward?” Emmett asked him. “Nothing, my dad’s at work till later” Emmett had his mischief smile on his face. “Great, so you wanna come over for a bit?” I knew were this was going. “you do realise if he stays late we would have to eat human food?” I told him just loud enough for vampires to hear. “No he as to be back to cook for Charlie” Alice told us, that made us all a lot happier. “Sure” the bell rang for lessons to start again. I said goodbye to Bella, before we went our separate ways.