Chapter Twenty-Eight

XXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter Twenty-Eight

XXXXXXXXXXX

Two months later.

Normani shifts on the exam table, she was going on seven months, but something seemed wrong.

The doctor was frowning as he looked at her scan.

"What is it?" Normani asked worriedly, she knew Camila was going to be late to the scan.

"You're having twins." The doctor said. "And you are in labor."

The dark-skinned girl pales slightly. "What? How, my water hasn't broke and I'm not having contractions. I'm barely even seven months pregnant."

"I don't know. But you are in labor and you have to get to the hospital now." The doctor said.

Taking a deep breath, Normani frowns. "I can't drive."

"Do you have someone with you?" The doctor asked.

"My wife's daughter, but she's having her first scan done." Normani responds slowly.

"I'll can an ambulance for you but you'll have to wait for your wife's daughter, she'll have to go with you." The doctor responded.

Nodding her head, Normani takes a deep breath. "Okay, I have to call my wife."

"Okay." The doctor nodded before leaving the room.

Dialing Camila's number, Normani takes a deep breath.

Camila picked up after a few minutes. "Hello."

"Mila, I'm headed to the hospital." The dark-skinned girl breathes out.

"What? Why?" Camila sounded confused. "Oh shit, ouch." She muttered under her breath.

"The doctor says I'm in labor." Normani responds slowly.

"How? You're, what, seven months?" Camila asked.

Closing her eyes, Normani takes a deep breath. "Yes and I'm in labor, meet me at the hospital."

Ten hours later.

Normani shifts slightly and releases a soft groan, she was still in labor and the doctors were talking about a c-section.

Emilia sat in the chair beside her bed, staring down at her phone. She bit her lip nervously.

"Is Camila on her way?" Normani breathes out, Camila was supposed to meet Normani at the hospital but something had come up at work.

Emilia looked up and Normani and shook her head. "Mama got caught up at work." She mumbled.

Closing her eyes, Normani took a slow deep breath. "Is anyone coming?"

"My mom and Quinn are on their way." Emilia said quietly.

Smiling softly, Normani reaches out and squeezes her hand. "Thank you for coming."

Emilia forced a smile. "Thanks for taking me to my appointment."

"How'd that go? Better than mine I hope." Normani says jokingly, trying to get Emilia to smile more.

Emilia shrugged. "I didn't understand a word the doctor was saying."

"Do you remember what he or she said? Maybe I can explain it to you." The older girl says softly.

Emilia thought for a moment. "Something about the baby being early and not very big." She shrugged and leaned back in the chair.

"Basically that means you're about two months along and it's the size of a peanut." Normani says softly.

Emily shook her head. "When it's born."

"I don't know then sweetie, I would have to talk to your doctor." Normani says before taking a slow deep breath. "Can you go get the doctor for me?"