Chapter Five

XXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter Five

XXXXXXXXXXX

Quinn lets out a pained gasp, shifting on the couch with Jace when Dinah walks in from the hospital.

"Mmmaaammm!" Jace squeals out, pointing at Dinah excitedly.

Quinn forced a smile, despite how much pain she was in.

"Mmmaaammm!" Jace yells again when Dinah doesn't respond.

"Hey, little man." Dinah yawned, running her fingers through her hair.

Holding his arms up, Jace reaches for Dinah with a smile.

Quinn shifts again and places a hand on her stomach. "DJ," she breathes out.

Dinah picked up Jace with a worried frown. "Q, what's wrong?"

"Willow is coming." Quinn says calmly, her eyes filled with pain.

Dinah moved over to Quinn. "I'm taking you to the hospital." She said softly, helping Quinn to her feet.

Jace grips onto Dinah's shirt and lays his head on her shoulder.

Nodding her head, Quinn moves slowly with Dinah's help.

It took them just under five minutes to get to Dinah's car.

They reached the hospital and got inside just as Quinn's water breaks.

Quinn hissed in pain, gripping her stomach.

"We need a doctor!" Dinah says loudly causing Jace to whine and cover his ears.

A doctor ran over. "What's going on?" She asked.

"My girlfriend is having a baby." Dinah says immediately, shifting Jace on her hip.

The doctor nodded. "Let's get her to a room." She said calmly.

A nurse brings over a wheelchair and helps Quinn into it while Dinah shifts Jace in her arms once more.

"Mmmaaammm," he whines out, reaching for Quinn.

A pained expression crossed Quinn's features and she motioned for Dinah to give Jace to her.

Sighing, Dinah gently places Jace on Quinn's lap and follows them to the room.

Laying his head on Quinn's shoulder, Jace flinches and lets out a pained scream when a nurse tries to pick him up.

"Don't touch him." Quinn gives the nurse a pained glare. She now had a sore ear from Jace screaming in it.

"Ma'am we need to move him." The nurse says calmly.

Dinah kneels down and looks at Jace softly. "Come here baby."

Jace hesitated before going into Dinah's arms.

Holding him close, Dinah steps back as the nurses move Quinn onto the bed.

Quinn closed her eyes, scrunching up her nose in pain.

"Ma'am, he can't be in the room during this." A nurse says looking at Dinah.

Dinah bit her lip, glancing at Quinn.

Jace frowns and grips onto Dinah's shirt even tighter.

Dinah sighed and nodded, leaving the room.

"Mmmaaammm," the one year old whined, tears filling his eyes.

"Shh, Buddy." Dinah bounced Jace on her hip.

Jace frowns and lays his head on Dinah's shoulder, silent tears streaming down his cheeks.

Lauren had been walking down the hall and frowned in confusion upon seeing Dinah outside the room. "Hey, the hospital called Camz. Do you want me to take him?"

"If he'll go to you." Dinah said softly, glancing back at the room Quinn was in.

Jace gripped tighter onto Dinah's shirt for a few minutes before slowly reaching for Lauren.