Chapter Twenty-Four

XXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter Twenty-Four

XXXXXXXXXXX

"Mommy," Seth whines, he was trying to change his shirt but got stuck.

Lauren let out a giggle. "Oh, buddy, what am I going to do with you?" She moved over to help Seth.

"Help." Seth responds, struggling to get out of the shirt.

"Okay, okay, buddy, relax." Lauren laughed, helping Seth with his shirt.

Once he gets the shirt off, Seth turns and grabs his pajama shirt, revealing his scars.

Lauren released a sad breath and folded Seth's shirt.

Pulling his pajama shirt on, then pushing his shorts down and replacing them with pajama shorts. "Mommy, when mama come home?" The five year old asks.

"Um, a few days." Lauren said softly. She ran her fingers through his hair and kissed his forehead. "Would you like me to read to you?"

"Harry Potter?" Seth asked, looking up at her, his bright green eyes searching her's.

Lauren smiled at him and nodded. "Why don't you pick one of the books?"

Nodding his head, Seth moves over to his book stand and grabs; Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

"This one mommy," he says, handing her the book and climbing onto the bed and laying back against his pillows.

Lauren moved over to the bed and sat down on the floor beside the bed, opening the book and beginning to read.

Halfway through chapter four, Seth was sound asleep and holding the stuffed alligator Lauren bought him.

Lauren closed the book and turned on Seth's nightlight before making sure his window was locked. She kissed Seth's forehead and without waking him, she left the room, closing the door behind herself.

"Hey, is he asleep?" Camila asked from the hallway.

Lauren nodded. "He sleeps like a baby now."

"That's good, that means he's finally getting less scared of things." The older girl says with a soft smile.

Lauren nodded, she ran her fingers through her hair.

"Do you want to go lay down?" Camila asks, wrapping her arms around Lauren.

Lauren leaned her weight against Camila and nodded.

Nodding, the older girl leads Lauren into their shared room and helps her change before they lay down.

Lauren rolled onto her side and curled up, resting her head on Camila shoulder. She twisted a strand of Camila's hair around her fingers.

"Mmm, it's been a long time since it was just us." Camila says, rubbing Lauren's back.

Lauren hummed and nodded. "Yeah."

Shifting, Camila rolls them onto their sides and captures Lauren's lips in a slow and passionate kiss.

Lauren's breath hitched in her throat and she kissed Camila back.

Deepening the kiss, Camila rubs Lauren's hip.

Lauren tilted her head, wrapping her arms around Camila's neck, tangling a hand in Camila's hair.

Rolling on top of Lauren, Camila grinds down against her gently as their lips move together.

Lauren's eyes fluttered closed and she relaxed, letting out a quiet moan into Camila's mouth.

After a few minutes, Camila pulls away and looks into her eyes. "I love you." She whispers, leaning down and attaching her lips to Lauren's throat.