chapter 13: final bout

Team Natsu was running through trees to the camp. This time Natsu was carrying Makarov and Lucy was carrying Cana along.

Natsu: "Agh, come on! Get the lead out!"

Wendy: "I can't believe we all felt so horrible and weak a minute ago."

Lucy: "Yeah, speaking of which, are you sure we're all back to normal now? We don't want to get into anything we aren't prepared for."

Lathaniel: "That doesn't matter right now, we just need to get Master somewhere safe."

Natsu: "Plus, we don't know what's going on a the camp so we need to go and see ourselves."

Happy was on the ground and his stomach was growling.

Happy: "I don't know if I'm going to make it. I might die of Starvation first."

Lucy: "Get over it! We all haven't exactly had three squares a day you know!"

Happy: "I might die of a sympathy overdose first."

Natsu: "Actually, I'm getting pretty hungry too. I haven't had any fire since I ate that nasty flame from the Grimoire guy."

Lathaniel: "The same goes for me too. Maybe Lightning will strike down..."

Lucy: "Are you crazy?!"

Lathaniel: "What? I'm practically a walking lightning rod. I can eat lightning from storms."

Natsu: "What does lightning taste like anyways?"

Lathaniel: "Depends. Usually, it has a sort of fizz to it, like soda."

Lucy: "Actually, a bite of something might help me out. Cana is heavier than she looks."

Juvi: "Wow, you better be glad she wasn't awake to hear that, that was kind of rude."

Ren: "I guess some food could help right now..."

Tana: "No! This is horrible!"

Carla was flying in the air.

Carla: "I decided to fly up to get an aerial view of the island, and I saw that the Great Tree in the middle of the island, has snapped completely in two!"

Everyone: "What?!"

Lathaniel: "I could've sworn that told you that was the cause of us losing our magic power."

Lucy: "But... why did we get our powers back?"

Lathaniel: "I don't know... there's no time to wonder about it though."

The continued on their way and eventually made it to the camp. They saw the tent in the rain and walked towards it. Under there, they saw Mirajane, Elfman, Gajeel, and Evergreen all resting under there. Nearby the tent a white haired man wearing tinted glasses was unconscious.

Juvi: "Even Gajeel and Mira went down!"

Wendy: "Don't worry! I'll heal them with my magic."

Lisanna: "Lathaniel, Natsu!"

Natsu: "We're glad to see you safe Lisanna."

Lathaniel: "Yeah. We were worried."

Lisanna: "I appreciate what you're trying to do Wendy, but I don't think you can help them right now."

Carla: "You're magic power has been seriously overtaxed today, you need to rest."

Lathaniel: "Tell us what happened."

Lisanna: "That man over there, I think his name was Rustyrose? He attacked us, and then we all lost our magic power at the same time. It was strange. Freed and Bickslow fought as hard as they could, but with everyone so injured, we were already at a major disadvantage. This is bad... I don't know what we're going to do."