chapter 10: Wizard Trials

While Lathaniel was heading to his designated spot on the island, he recalled what he was told before, 

Flashback

Makarov sat in front of Lathaniel and Gildarts after they got back from their sparring session.

Makarov: "It's about time for the S-Class Wizard trials, and I want you both to participate."

Gildarts: "Sure, why not."

Lathaniel: "Should I really be doing this? I haven't been an S-Class Wizard for long."

Makarov: "Believe me boy, I sensed your power while you were partaking in a match with Gildarts not too long ago."

Lathaniel: "Uh, hehe..."

Makarov: "I think you're more than ready to test your peers. Although, I should tell you this."

Lathaniel: "Huh?"

Makarov: "The participants for the trial don't have to beat you in order to pass. If you think they passed from your own judgement, you can let them through."

Lathaniel: "I understand."

Makarov: "The Trial is going to be on Tenrou Island. Do take care while you're there, it's where the grave of the First Master Mavis Vermilion lies."

Flashback End

Lathaniel: "Where was I stationed again? Whatever, at least I flew here instead of going on a boat and getting motion sick."

He continued walking around,holding the Ethernano Lacrima from Edolas in his hands.

Lathaniel: <This is a good luck charm for me now, I guess...>

Meanwhile...

The Participants of the trial were all on the deck of a boat headed to Tenrou Island, suffering from extreme heat, as that part of the sea has no wind blowing through it. Because of the heat most of them were in swimsuits. Natsu&juvi was throwing up over the side of the boat and getting motion sick, while Gray was completely nude and still complaining about the heat. Tenrou Island was finally in sight and everyone stood up. Elfman and Evergreen were sitting right next to each other.

Gray: "Sure took long enough."

Lucy: "That's the ugliest island ever..."

Elfman: "You think? I think it looks Manly."

Evergreen: "An Island on top of an Island huh?"

Wendy: "It's amazing! There's so much magic power! I feel it from all the way over here."

Juvi: "Very impressive."

Happy: *Patting Natsu's back* "There there Natsu, we'll be on land soon."

Makarov stood above them all on a railing on the top part of the ship.

Makarov: "There's a legend about this island. It's said that it was once populated by Fairies."

Lucy: "Is the legend true?"

Makarov: "Nobody knows, but it does hold great importance to our Guild. After all, it's the resting place for our first Master Mavis Vermilion

Gray: "And you're going there dressed like that?"