12

A/N: okay so I'm terrible at publishing haha. Anywho, to those still reading this revised edition, I want to thank you all again! And I hope you all had a safe and wonderful holiday! I am also self promoting myself here, I have a few new original books in the works and hope you all can give it a try when I publish them!

Thank you!

-Eliza

Pippa's POV

The first few days without Scarlett were rocky, but Steve and I managed. I was glad Lin called that night. Scarlett wasn't herself, but I tried my best to console her over the phone. I just hoped everything would be normal for her... She was just a little girl...

"First day back at work." Steve sighed.

"Yeah.. First real performance too.." I shrugged it off, really not wanting to go.

"It's going to be okay. Renee and Jasmine will be with you tonight. I'll be there too." He reassured me.

"I hope so... I'm glad they're coming... I'm in desperate need for some girl time..." I let out a little chuckle, knowing it had been a while since we had all hung out.

My day had flown by, running through one last rehearsal before opening. Adam had found me and gave me the biggest hug in the world. I felt awful having to put on a brave and happy face, just for everyone. But it needed to be done today.

When the show ended, the applause was a little helpful. I smiled at everyone during curtain call and tried my best not to let anyone see how I really felt. I saw the little kids that I worked with running to their parents and I really felt a pit in my stomach. I felt awful. I wished Scarlett were here... She would've loved this one.

When I finished changing, I really didn't want to go to the after party, but it wouldn't be right if the star of the show didn't show up for that... I pulled on my dress and walked out quietly. Steve saw me and gave me a smile, holding out his hand for me. I took his hand in mine and forced a smile. It was something I was starting to get used to know.

"Mommy! Mommy!" I heard a kid scream I looked around, still not used to anything. I knew it couldn't have been Scarlett. Then I felt something small tackle my legs. I looked down and saw my little girl smiling and hugging my legs.

"Hi baby!" I gasped while picking her up.

"You were so good!" She giggled. I smiled and kissed her little cheeks. Steve looked happy, but not surprised like me.

"You knew?" I asked him.

"Well..." He chuckled.

"We thought it would be good luck for you." I looked up and saw Lin with Vanessa.

"Thank you." I whispered to them.

"She was quiet the entire time. I was surprised.. Usually kids don't really stay like that." Vanessa smiled at me. Of course my child stayed still and was well behaved.

I was happy for a little bit, being with my child did make me better. I really didn't want to give her back, but I needed to. I didn't want anything else to happen to her... I really didn't...

The next morning was rough, waking up in an empty bed. Steve had to be up early for a callback audition and I was alone. I walked out of the room, feeling terrible about life. I was so used to hearing Scarlett already. Never this quiet.

The girls were supposed to come over tonight and have a bit of a girls night but I was honestly not even up for it. When it came time for our night, I was already at my lowest point.

"You look beat..." Jasmine frowned when she saw me.

"I feel like I got hit by a bus in all honesty." I admitted.

"Because of the whole thing?" Renee asked. I nodded once, they knew everything already. I had told them immediately. "I mean... I love the guy, and super grateful for everything, but he was a total jerk about that..." She frowned.

"Yeah.. He called me that night because Scarlett wasn't right. I got to see her last night at the opening. She was happy to see me." I shrugged while looking down at my wine glass.

"I do miss that little nugget." Jasmine sipped her wine, knowing that it was going to be a rough night for all of us.

We watched a few movies and ate snacks, mainly being boring people in general. But it was what we all needed.

Lin's POV

I sat in the little room with Scarlett, she had a slight fever and was coughing up a storm. I knew it was probably just the change of the seasons and she just had a little cough. She had only been sick a few days with no sign of getting better too..

"Lin I really think that she needs to see a doctor..." I look up to see Vanessa standing in the doorway.

"She just has a little cold. It's nothing." I frowned at her.

"But she has a problem with her immune system... What if she gets a cold and something really bad happens?" She asked.

I looked back at Scarlett, seeing her cheeks flushed and her entire body shaking. I felt like a terrible parent..

"You can make the appointment.." I whispered.

That night I stayed in Scarlett's room, watching her. Vanessa had made her appointment for the day after next and I felt a little more at ease.

"Can I have a cookie...?" Scarlett muttered to me. It was three in the morning and she wanted a cookie.

"You haven't been able to keep anything down Scarlett. I can't let you have a cookie." I sighed.

"Juice?" She sniffed.

"Yes. I'll get you some juice." I smiled. We were out of orange juice, so I gave her some of the other citrus juice we had. When I gave it to her, she took a few sips and gave me a small smile.

"Thank you." She whispered.

"You're welcome." I sat back down next to her bed, watching her lay in bed. I just hoped she would get better soon.