4

I sat in my dressing room getting changed for Burn when my phone started vibrating like crazy. My dressing assistant looked down at it and I sighed. Why would Steven be calling me at this time? He knew I was busy...

"Want me to answer it?" Jennie asked.

"Please, I'm sure it's some little question." I smiled. Jennie smiled and answered the phone, putting it on speaker for me. "Hey." I smiled.

"Hey, um, how much longer do you have again?" He asked a little frantically.

"A few hours why?" I furrowed my brows in confusion. He knew all of this. Our work schedules were in our calendars and labeled on the fridge...

"Uh... I need you to leave early and get over to Saint Mary's..." He stammered.

"What happened? Where is Scarlett?" I commanded.

"She.. Well, she went for her nap and when I went to check on her she was sitting up in the bed but she was covered in pee and vomit... I got nervous so I brought her here. They said her temperature isn't normal and she's been coughing as if she can't breathe... They took her back and now they won't let me see her." I could hear his voice breaking... He was going to cry...

"I'm heading over now." I hung up the phone quickly while Jennie was busy getting me out of the dress.

"I hope your daughter is okay." Jennie frowned while handing me my bag.

"Thank you... I'm sorry you had to hear all of that." I sighed.

"It's okay, you go be with your kid." She urged. I nodded once and headed out to where the directors were.

"Pippa! You're in street clothes." Alex laughed.

"I need to go. My daughter is at the hospital and they're not letting Steve see her." I frowned. I knew I was going to let them down, but I needed to go.

"Go, we'll rehearse without you." Alex quickly said.

"Keep us informed. She's apart of our family too." Lac gave me a sympathetic smile and I was off.

Saint Mary's wasn't too far away, but it was a long enough train ride to know that I was probably going to burst if I didn't get answers right away. I was at the hospital within fifteen minutes and I could feel my heart beating in my throat. I walked in, and immediately saw Steven pacing. I walked over towards him and place a hand on his arm.

"Oh thank God you're here." He sniffed. "I-I don't know what's going on." He stammered quietly.

"I'll see what I can get." I whispered. He nodded, letting me go up to the front desk.

"Can I help you?" The receptionist asked.

"I'm Scarlett Soo's mom... My boyfriend Steven Pasquale brought her here..." I frowned. The lady began typing on her keyboard and it honestly felt as if time was moving so slow. I needed answers this second.

"She's in room 305. Is he going with you?" She asked.

"Yes." I answered.

"Here you go then." She handed us the little visitor's stickers and we headed up to the third floor. I needed to see my kid... I really did. I got up to her room and saw her talking with a nurse when I walked in.

"Mommy." Her little voice was weak.. Hoarse even... Probably from all the coughing...

"My baby." I sniffed. The nurse moved out of my way when I walked closer to the bed. "Are you okay?" I frowned. "How are you feeling?" I whispered.

"I don't feel good." She sighed.

"I know baby... But these doctors will make you feel better okay?" I whispered, I could feel the tears threatening to pour right there. I had assumed the nurse had informed a doctor about us being there since one showed up a few minutes later.

"What is wrong with her? Bad case of the flu?" I frowned at him.

"Yes in a way." He sighed. "It seems she has a compromised immune system... We want to get samples from the parents to see where it came from really." He inquired.

"I can say it's not on my side." I answered quietly.

"And you are the father?" The doctor asked Steven.

"No... I'm not sadly." He sighed. "She thinks I am though.." He frowned while looking at our little sleeping Scarlett.

"Is the father in the picture at all?" The doctor frowned at me.

"No.. I'm guessing he needs to be now..." I couldn't believe this. I just couldn't.

~~

"What are you going to do?" Steve asked me.

"I don't know." I whispered. "I really don't." I frowned.

"You're going to need to tell him." he sighed. "As much as I hate the idea.."

"Steve.. I know he's your friend, but I can't... I just can't. I don't want to deal with this. He's married and is going to have a kid of his own. Just please let me think about this." I sniffed. I didn't want to think about it. I just wanted to stay in this happy moment for a while... Where it was just us and no one asked any questions... But... Everyone was asking questions now..

And it was getting harder and harder to keep up this facade...