6

I was a few months into the show when I had gotten a call from an old director. Wanting me to be on Amelie after Hamilton.

I talked with Steve about it, of course he was all for it. Minus the whole leaving New York idea. It was only going to be for a few months, then right back here for the actual showing of it. Scarlett seemed a little sad to leave New York, but was excited to go to a new place.

"We can go to the zoo?" She coughed with a smile.

"Yes we can go to the zoo." I laughed. We were back in the hospital, this time for a surprise allergic reaction.

"There you go Scarlett. You're ready to be discharged." Dr. Leon smiled. "Time to get in the wheelchair." He laughed.

"Okay!" She giggled. She was here over night due to how aggressive her reaction was, but she had fun when she woke up from the meds. "Will daddy be home?" She asked me.

"Yes. He will." I answered.

"And you were asking about traveling next summer with her?" Dr. Leon asked me.

"Yes, I know she's still a little weary with everything and still has a chance to get really ill... But her 'father' is going to be working too much to even think about having a kid in the house with me gone." I sighed. "And I don't think I could ever be away that long without her." I explained. The doctor nodded along as I spoke about my concerns. Eventually we decided on putting everything in hard copies and having a list of hospitals near me when I had made my transition.

"It'll be the safest bet. And you'll be coming back here. So it'll be fine." He smiled.

"Thank you so much." I let out a sigh of relief. Something on my list of things to do was finally crossed off.

When I got home, Scarlett was in no mood to do anything. She was laying on the couch watching her little programs while I started cooking dinner. Steve was only doing his matinee show so he would be home any second.

"Scarlett sweetie, it's time to eat." I called from the kitchen. I didn't hear the tv turn off, nor did I hear her little footsteps. So I turned the stove off and walked out to see her passed out on the couch. She did have an eventful day. I gave her a small smile as I walked closer to her. Her little face was still pink from the swelling, but I knew it would go away.

Who knew a kid could be allergic to strawberries and bananas?

I took the throw blanket from the other couch and covered her up. She needed her sleep. I shut off her little program and headed back into the kitchen. Of course, Steve walked in right after.

"I'm home!" He laughed.

"Scarlett's sleeping." I whispered while pointing to the living room.

"Oh." He said quietly. "It's a little early." He frowned.

"We got in about two hours ago. So, maybe that's why. And she can relax here." I shrugged it off, knowing she would be okay. "Just have to be very careful about food now." I sighed.

"How could a little kid have so many things wrong with her?" Steve sighed. "The poor thing can't even eat food without being afraid if it'll kill her!" He frowned.

"We'll figure it out. Best we find these things out now rather than her finding out later when she's at school." I reassured. He nodded slowly, knowing I was right. Things did happen like this. We weren't terrible parents for it either.

Steve and I ate dinner in peace. We enjoyed the silence for a bit. Until Scarlett woke up and was crying. This time about being hungry. We laughed it off and I helped her eat her soup. I didn't want her to eat too much.

"I think after dinner we'll give you a bath and get you ready for bed." I smiled at her.

"Okay mommy." She yawned.

After her bath and she was tucked into bed, Steve and I were able to stay up and finally talk. Real talk.

"I have everything signed and ready to go. Just need to mail it out in the morning." He said while taking off his glasses. I stifled a laugh at his reading glasses. "Oh hush. You can't see anything without your contacts." He scoffed.

"I don't even have them in right now." I smirked.

"Oh yeah?" He laughed. "Am I one big blurry blob to you?" He smiled.

"I can see you fine. It's distance I have a problem with." I scoffed. "But back to legal work." I pointed. "Hopefully everything will go smoothly and you'll be legally responsible for her." I was excited. He was finally finished with all the paperwork and he was going to be a dad again.

The next day for us was a bit touch and go with Scarlett. She was throwing a tantrum right as I was leaving for work with her.

"I don't wanna!" She screamed.

"You are not walking outside without your coat. Now put it on." I scolded. Steve was holding her coat and looked at her. "Scarlett Elizabeth. If you don't put your coat on this instant I will take away your art supplies." I threatened. Her eyes grew wide with my empty threat. I couldn't ever do that.

But of course she went over and put on her coat. Huffing and puffing the entire time.

When we got to the theatre she was in a better mood.

"My, my. Look at you all dressed for the cold." Renee smiled at Scarlett.

"My mommy made me." She pouted.

"And was it cold outside?" She asked her. Scarlett nodded her little head yes. "See, mommy's know everything so you have to listen." She laughed.

I was happy that she was allowed to come to work with me. It seemed like a great idea. Everyone loved her so it was perfect.