1. Seat-mate

I walked into the class with my smile. People looked at me weirdly. I stopped smiling and walked to my seat. I put my bag in the corner of the chair. I took out my pencil case and I noticed that someone's bag was on another chair next to me.

I was surprised because since I started to study here, I always sat alone even my friend 'Rosy' didn't sit next to me. I turned to my left side where Rosy was.

" Yah! Whose bag is this?" I pointed to that black bag. It's familiar.

She turned her head to me, " I don't know either. I just know that he is our new classmate."

" Jinja? And you said that he is our new classmate. So.... you mean he is a boy?? " I widened my eyes and she nodded. Suddenly teacher Choi entered the class and everyone stood up to greet her.

" Good morning everyone! I'm Han Kimchoi, your main teacher this year" everyone clapped. " By the way, Do we have any new students here?"

I looked at the empty chair next to me with the bag. Where is he? Why doesn't he come to class? Meanwhile, someone was running into the class. Everyone paid attention to him.

" Sorry teacher for coming late because I just walked around the school" He bowed and turned back to walk towards his seat but the teacher called him.

" wait! Are you a new student here?" He turned back to a teacher and bowed.
" Annyeonghaseyo! I'm Jeon Jungkook. Nice to meet you guys." Some girl started to scream since he's very handsome.

"OK! I'm Han Kimchoi as your main teacher and please take your seat" He bowed again and walked to his seat next to me.

He came closer and I kept my head down not to let him see me. He sat down and put his hands on the table. I felt nervous, not knowing what to do. Then I turned in another direction which wasn't his direction. I was listening to the teacher who was telling us about our schedules.

I wrote it on a piece of paper. I looked at him in the corner of my eyes. He was really serious about studying. When we finished writing the schedule, my pen was falling and I leaned down to pick it up but someone was picking up instead of me. I looked up and saw a very smooth face, handsome face.

" It's yours." He put my pen on the table. " wait...Are you the one who I just met a while ago? " He made a curious face.

I cleared my throat and looked back at him. " I think so....." I giggled a little, sounding awkward.

" By the way, what's your name? " He asked me and smiled.

" Umm.....My name is Kim Sunnie or you can call me ' nerd' " I smiled and looked away.

He laughed and shook his head, " Then... Can I call you 'Ugly genius girl'? " He said playfully and I turned to look at him who was smirking.

" Whatever but why did you add 'Genius' ? "

He looked at me, " Because when I walked around the school, I saw you on the outstanding students' list " He said in a normal tone.

I rolled my eyes and nodded.

" Well..... Welcome to be my Seatmate." He took his hand off the table to make handshakes with me and I just shook hands with him for 2 seconds, releasing it immediately.

*BREAK TIME

I walked downstairs to the canteen for breakfast. I walked with Rosy and my younger sister 'Moonie'. We almost arrived at the canteen but Moonie told us that she was going to join breakfast with her friends.

While we were eating, Rosy told me many jokes which made me almost choked the food.

" I really curious about your siblings. " Rosy crossed her eyebrows, looking curious.

" Why?" I asked her while chewing.

" Moonie is such a beautiful girl but why aren't you? " She looked at me with a sad face.

I stopped eating and looked at her face, feeling a little disappointed, " I mean why two of you have different faces. I don't mean that you're ugly. You're pretty." She smiled widely. I know she lies.

I sighed and smiled back at her, " I don't know either. Maybe it's because of pimples, glasses, braces, short hair with a freaking bang. The most important thing, I look like a pig. Totally, I'm ugly." I sighed heavily and rubbed my face.

" Yeah... I think so. If you didn't have all of those kinds of stuff, you would be prettier than your sister. " She smiled.

" haha... never! " I laughed.

Break time ended and we walked back to our class. Firstly, we went to the locker to take the physical book. After that, we made our way to the classroom.

I sat at my place and prepared my things on the table. After I finished preparing, I noticed that Jungkook was sleeping on the table. I looked at his sleeping face and smiled. I realized that I was smiling then I shook my head.

It's been 5 minutes. But the teacher hadn't appeared in class yet. Students in the class were playing around. I was very annoyed. I leaned my head on the table and turned to my right side. I accidentally looked at Jungkook's face for a while and then someone's hand was patting my back. I quickly woke up and saw Sumi was glaring at me.

" Hey, nerd? What are you doing? Don't tell me that you're looking at Jungkook's face? " she smirked.

" Yah! No...noo I didn't. I just fell asleep and accidentally turned to that side." I explained.

" Well.... whatever Jungkook will never have interest on you, Nerd " She walked past me and laughed.

I looked down and decided to move away a bit from Jungkook's seat. Finally, the teacher came. I just realized that Jungkook was still sleeping. I was about to pat his back but I felt so nervous. So I just called out his name.

" Jungkook!! Wake up! Teacher is coming! " I whispered into his ear.

He didn't even move a bit so I decided to pat his back. I patted his back with my eyes close.

" Jungkook-ah, wake up! teacher is coming! " I slowly opened my eyes to see what happened.

Finally, he woke up. He opened his eyes slowly and was still half awake.

" Start studying! The teacher just came to class a while ago." I said without looking at him.

" hmmm" He turned to take his notebook out.

The class was really silent after the teacher wrote some lessons on the whiteboard to let us copy. I finished writing and I turned to look at my Seatmate. I started to laugh because of his letters.

He stopped writing, noticing me then turned his head to me with his raising eyebrows, " What's so funny? "

" umm...... nothing I just can't believe your letters." I tried to hold my laugh.

" Oh..yeah. My letters are uglier than you so don't worry that You're the ugliest." He laughed.

I stopped laughing and glared at him. " Okay MR. Handsome." I feel a little offense because he just said I was ugly.

Silence took over us again. I really wondered what goes through his head. When He met me for the first time, he said that I was kinda cute but now he called me an ugly genius girl. I was happy that someone could see me with a cute face but he was still the same as the other.

A/N: Please help vote for me><
And I will post every Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. Thank you ❤️