Chapter 29- Fake Love

"Namjoon-ah." Seolhyun yelled out. She had been practicing this conversation for months inside her head. She knew that eventually she would have this talk. Seeing you was the catalyst, actually, seeing you just made it clear to her that she needed to have this talk with him.

It all started when she saw you. There was a moment of recognitions, and she realized that she had heard of your name within RKive since she and Namjoon started dating. And when she saw the way Namjoon had looked at you, there was something undeniable.

"Yes, babe." Namjoon answered from somewhere down the hall.

"We need to talk." She saw him exiting the bathroom after his shower. His hair was wet, water dripping onto his body. She smiled regretfully and gestured for him to sit on the couch across from her.

"What is it?" he asked, drying his hair with a careless action.

She gulped before proceeding. "I'm leaving you." Namjoon stopped what he was doing and looked straight at her. His eyes narrowed.

"C'mon, don't joke like that."

"I'm not joking. Namjoon, we both know this relationship was nothing more than an arrangement." Seolhyun said. "When you approached me, I knew there was something else that you needed. Sure, we had something small in the past, so small that the public didn't know about. But whatever that was meant nothing to either of us, we both knew that. But I agreed to go out with you anyways." She took a deep breath, what she was about to say could not be taken back, but he needs to hear this. "Namjoon, you only needed me to forget Y/N."

"What? That's ridiculous. She was just an employee-"

"Save it. I'm not dumb. I've heard the boys talking about her before, and I remember when you forbid them from doing that. A normal employee wouldn't have that effect on you. And when we first started dating, I noticed your wallpaper was her. Well, I didn't really know who it was before. But when I saw her in Milan, I knew for sure that it was her. You only changed the wallpaper when I pointed it out. I don't think you would have otherwise."

"That's not true. I would have." Namjoon said, his voice quiet. He couldn't fathom what was happening in the moment. He was going to get married in a few months to someone he has been seeing for a year. That should be enough commitment. He never really thought about his feeling towards the girl in front of him. He simply gave her his time, and that was enough for him. But was it enough for her.

"I think it's time that we stop pretending with ourselves. You never loved me. Your heart had always belong to her."

Namjoon's voice got caught in his throat."I don't love her."

Seolhyun shook her head."Don't deny it. You don't think I've noticed the way you looked at her when we saw her in Milan. Or when you asked her to design my dress. I took you there with the intention to confirm everything myself. She's always going to be on your mind."

"But I can change. I can forget her." Seolhyun knows this isn't true. He knew this isn't true himself. The last 4 years, he had tried to forget you with every ounce of his energy. But you were always lingering in the back of his mind, like a taboo.

"You shouldn't have to. You should be with her." she reached out with her hand and placed it on top of his, his body stiffened. "See, you're never used to me touching you. You've never even said you love me."

"I-"

"It's okay, I'm not mad about that. I would rather no love, than fake love."

"But, but she cheated on me." he looked at her like a kid who just broke his favorite toy, heartbroken and curious as to why the world would want to hurt him.

"No, she didn't. Hoseok told me what happened. You've refused to meet with him for him to explain. And you never listen to me either. But knowing the story was the only reason why I agreed to marry you when you proposed. I knew it wasn't your real feelings, you just wanted to rush things so that maybe you could block her permanently. I said yes because I didn't want another girl to take advantage of your situation."

"Seolhyun..." he began. He knew that she was right, there was no point in refusing the truth any longer. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. I'm also sorry for letting it get to this point. I allowed you to run away from your past. And I can't do that anymore."

"You're so wonderful. I really hope you'll find someone better than me. Someone who will love you truly." Namjoon looked up with teary eyes at the girl in front of her. To say that Seolhyun wasn't sad would be lying. She got used to his presence in the house. She had grown used to his warmth when their hands intertwine. They never shared the same bed, never exchanged words of endearment, never revealed anything personal about each other. She was okay with it, because she didn't know what love was herself. But she realized that love was what Namjoon felt for you, and he'll never feel that way about anyone else.

And to say Namjoon wasn't sad would also be lying. He thought he had finally figured out what to do to escape the image of you, but all his efforts had been in vain. No matter what you did, or didn't do, he had fallen in love with you. It was time to face the music.

"Let's go to sleep first. And tomorrow we'll cancel everything. You can finally move back home now." Seolhyun said, getting up from her chair to move to her room. Namjoon stood up as well, and grabbed her hand lightly. She felt him pulling her in for a hug, which she didn't hesitate to receive it, as it would be her last.