Chapter 3 - Blunt

"What the hell are you doing in my room?" Namjoon asked.

"Sorry, I was just putting your laundry away." you said, turning around and hiding the papers behind you.

"I told you not to go in here!" he yelled, approaching you with heavy footsteps. He tore the papers out from behind you, holding your wrist tightly with his hand. "Did you fucken touch my stuff?" he roared.

"I'm so sorry, it won't happen again." He then threw you on the ground, his back turned towards you. You winced at the pain.

"Get out!" You ran out of the room, down the stairs and into your room. Your heart was beating out of your chest. Your tears began pouring out slowly. Your wrist was bright red. There's nothing you can do besides feeling pity for yourself. You have to do better, so that others won't look down upon you. You heard the shower upstairs running. It was your chance to set up dinner and avoid him. Just when you were about to finish, you saw him coming down the stairs while wearing a bathroom, his hair was still wet. He held Rapmon with one hand. He ignored you, taking a seat and placing Rapmon in his high chair. You slowly took a seat at the end of the table. He looked up at you, frowning.

"What do you think you're doing?" he asked, sounding annoyed.

"Eating dinner?" you asked, not knowing what he expected you to say.

"Who gave you permission to eat with us?"

"I'm sorry?"

"And I never allowed you to eat the same food that we're eating. I'll let it slide this time, but I'll deduct it from your pay if this happens again. You can eat when we're done."

You slammed your chopsticks on the table, the dog jumped a little. Namjoon's eyes widened as he looks at you.

"Alright. My apologies for going into your room earlier. But I was just doing my job, which is to clean the house. And please, treat me like a human being. Just because you have money does not mean you get to toy with people. Your lyrics are amazing, but I can see now that you've never felt love in your entire life." You confidently turned away and walked to your room. But as soon as you closed the door behind you, your knees gave out. You couldn't believe you just said that to your boss, you were surely going to get fired any second now. But after half an hour, you only heard silence from outside. You opened the door a little, peeking out into the kitchen. It was empty, the dirty dishes were in the sink, leaving only the meal and a clean bowl and chopsticks. You glanced up at the staircase, waiting for any movement. It's safe now to eat.

You began eating, quietly. While you ate, you began to work on some new designs, but no inspiration came to you. You thought about your designs that were ruined. I didn't even get a proper thank you, you thought. When you finished your meal, you cleaned the dishes and went to bed.

***

Today's to do list was pretty much the same as yesterday. But you made certain that you wouldn't repeat the same mistakes as yesterday. You certainly did not want to get yelled at again. But you thought about his room, besides that fact that it was clean, there were no pictures. No pictures with his family, his friends, or even of himself. You realized that you knew nothing about him, even though he is your boss, you felt like you should know something about him, so that you won't do something he won't like. But you decided that he'll tell you what he wants to tell you and you won't go around digging in his room, until necessary.

After you were preparing for dinner, you took Rapmon out for a walk. When you guys returned, Namjoon was already home. You placed Rapmon in his high chair while setting up dinner for the two of them. Namjoon entered the kitchen and you excused yourself to your room. He nodded and began eating as if nothing happened.

Unlike yesterday, you had to make something else for yourself to eat. Since it was late, you decided to eat rice with some kimchi that you made earlier. You brought out your sketchbook and began drawing some designs inspired by the flowers you saw today in the park. You were so immersed in drawing that you didn't realize the figure behind you. You jumped a little when you saw his shadow. Namjoon walked over to the fridge, taking out a water bottle.

"What are you doing?" he asked, taking a gulp of his water.

"Nothing that would be worth your time, your Highness." you said, not taking your eyes off of your sketches. You heard him sighing, but you didn't care. You then dropped your pencil, your wrist was hurting from the yesterday. It was now purple and bruised. You rubbed it gently. He was looking at you when you glanced up.

"Y/N." he said, his voice soft. It's the first time that he has said your name so gently.

"Y-yes?"

"Can you come to my room later?"

"Um, okay." You were shocked at how nice he sounded. Maybe there is some humanity left in him.

"But clean up first. You made a mess on the table and I want everything spotless. If not, I'll deduct from your pay." Spoke too soon. You rolled your eyes as he walked away. He'll never change. After cleaning up, you walked to his room, your palms sweating. You knocked quietly.

"Come in." he called out.

"You wanted to see me?" you asked. He sat at his table, in front of the computer.

"Come here." he gestured. You timidly walked over. You noticed that he had a first aid kit on the table.

"Give me your right hand." he demanded, you did as ordered. You flinched a little when he began putting ointment on your wrist. You watched as he tentatively wrapped bandage around your wrist, making sure it wasn't too tight. "I'm sorry." he said. There wasn't any sign of regret in his voice, only obligations.

"It's okay."

"Now, take off your jacket."

"What? Excuse me?" you yelled out, yanking your hand away from him. He looked surprised. "Um, I don't know what you think is happening right now but I will not be taken advantage of right now." you declared. He simply laughed.

"Y/N, don't flatter yourself." he laughed, but there was no emotions behind it.

"What?"

"I saw some cuts on your back."

"Oh," you said, touching the wounds. "Must have been from the fall."

"So take off your jacket." he repeated, face determined.

"Are you always so blunt?"

"There's no point of beating around the bush. I like getting my point across."

"Well thanks but no thank you. I can do that myself."

"Suit yourself then." He put the kit away. "Oh, before you leave, I have something for you." He walked over to his closet, taking out a folder and handed it to you. You examined the folder before opening it. Your eyes widened, and you felt your eyes getting watery.

"My sketches. I thought they were ruined." you said, smiling while looking at him. The sketches from when you rescued Rapmon. They were once soaked but now dried and properly framed.

"Well, I'm just that amazing." he shrugged.

"Thank you so much!"

"No problem. Now get out." you nodded and made your way to the door.

"Oh, can I ask you something?" you asked, turning around timidly to look at him.

"What?"

"Are my sketches good?"

He thought about it for awhile. He opened his mouth a few times but then closed it, trying to think about what to say. "They're okay. But can be a lot better." You nodded and exited. You knew he was saying the truth because he had no reason to lie to you. That gave you motivation to do better.