Chapter 21 - The Calm

Jennie came into your office earlier in the week to get your opinion on a dress she got from Gucci. It felt so surreal that a model would ask you for designer clothing. Nonetheless, the two of you continued talking and you made some alterations to the dress to make it more her style.

"Y/N, have you thought about going to designing school?" Jennie asked all of the sudden while you were working on the dress. You looked at her through the mirror, she was sitting on the couch behind you, expecting her to be joking, but her face remained the same.

"Me? A designer? I could never."

"What are you talking about? You are so talented and you have a lot of potentials to explore."

"Thank you for saying that, Jennie. But honestly, I wouldn't even know where to begin. I guess I could take classes at the local university." you pondered. You still wanted to work here so maybe you could take night classes.

"No, no. I mean study in the land of fashion."

"Milan?" you knew instantly that she was talking about Italy, the capital of fashion and couture. She nodded. You slightly dropped the dress onto your lap. "That's so far. And I really doubt I have the capability to get in. And the money..."

"You don't have to worry about that. I have some connections with people there. But I am aware that you want to do everything yourself. So you should apply and get recommendations. I could ask some people in the industry to write them for you. But you will have to showcase your talent first, I don't think it'll be a problem for you." Jennie said.

"I'll think about it."

"Are you worried about your relationship with the boss?" she asked, her gummy smile showing. You felt your face heating up. Everyone always found a way to tease you about that. They rarely teased Namjoon because he can get pretty frightening.

"Um, sort of. I guess we just started our relationship and I don't know how the distance will affect us."

"You really like him, don't you?"

"Is it that obvious?" you chuckled slightly.

"You have photos of him all over your desk, so yes, I think so." You looked around, there were polaroid photos of him and of the two of you. They make you smile and relieve any stress you might have. You also noticed that he had a picture of you two at the resort framed in his office and in his room at home.

"I can't help it. He makes me feel a certain way. Like I'm able to let go of all the doubts I've had in my mind about love. That sounds silly, I know."

"I don't think so. I had my doubts about dating a celebrity, but Taehyung was never like that around me. I mean he was never cocky, or arrogant about his status. When we're together, we're like any other couple. We laugh, we fight, we eat the whole restaurant, we plan for the future. I think he is my future. So no, you're not silly at all. Considering his feelings for you, I think you guys can fight through anything."

"Thank you. I do feel a lot better now. Here, try the dress on." you smiled, handing her the garment. The original piece was a black dress with long sleeves. You cut the sleeves off and made the skirt more puffy and added some lacings on it.

While she tried on the final version of the dress, you noticed that her collar bones were expose and they made her look even prettier. It wasn't to the point where she's underweight. You looked down at yourself, thinking that it wouldn't kill you to lose some weight.

"What's your diet?" you asked her.

"Um, a big breakfast. Then a chicken breast for lunch. And a salad for dinner."