CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

Believing Means Nothing...

"Ight kool, call me when you're outside yeah?" 

"Ok, bye!" Reanna hung up. 

I rolled over onto my side and flopped back onto my bed, I've never felt so bored in my life. I turned on my TV and watched football highlights for a little while until I heard a knock on at my room door, I turned off the TV. 

"Come in then."  

"Son," My dad stepped in sitting on my bed. "We need to talk..." 

"Nah!" I rolled over not facing him, I don't wanna talk to my dad at the moment, he's the fucking reason I got shanked in the leg by one next man. I can't even look at him. 

"Don't be like that." He kissed his teeth; I shot him a cold glare leaning up. 

"BE LIKE WHAT?!" I shouted. "ARE YOU THE ONE THAT GOT STABBED IN THE FUCKING LEG? NO! SO I BEG YOU-" 

"Courtney... Don't take it out on your father." I looked over dads shoulder to see mum standing there, she didn't look pleased that dad was in the room at all, I could tell she was annoyed that he was here. 

"GET THE FUCK OUT!" I pointed to the door. "I'M DONE WITH YOU!" 

"Don't talk to me like that; I'm only trying to help you." He said smirking, help me? So helping me is telling me that shottin' will get me somewhere? No! I can't walk in my father's footsteps anymore; man has a feeling that the outcome won't be too nice. 

"Mum I beg you move this man." I spat looking at him in pure disgust, I don't even want to call him 'dad' anymore, he actually means nothing to me. 

"YOU MUST BE STUPID IN THE HEAD IF YOU THINK IM GOING ANYWHERE!" He stood up knocking down things on my side table, mum moved to the corner of the room. 

"But this wouldn't have happened if you would have just done as I said!" Mum mumbled loudly, done what? What the fuck is going on? 

"Done what?" Dad turned to face mum, I rubbed my leg and mumbled swearwords to myself trying to calm down. 

"Didn't you read the letter?" 

"I AINT GIVING YOU ANY MORE FUCKING MONEY LARISSA!" 

"It was not for money!" Mum shouted. I look at mum, she had turned red in the face and looked like she was about to cry. 

"Then what was it for?" Dad sat back on my bed, I kissed my teeth and moved away from him. 

"Well if you read it," Mum started rolling her eyes in the middle of the sentence. "Then maybe Courtney wouldn't have got stabbed by him!" 

"Who?" 

"You good for nothing man! I forgot his name but it's the guy with the scare on his face." 

"You mean Chris?!" Dad snapped. 

"Yeah, he was at my window the other night." Mum whispered. I could tell she was uncomfortable saying that. I watched them both as they carried on talking until they took the convocation into her bedroom, and no! They did not have sex if you were wondering. My phone than rang. 

"Yo?" I said plainly. 

"Courtney, I'm outside." It was Reanna, I felt happy hearing her voice. 

"Ight I'm coming yeah." I hung up and grabbed my crutch from the side of the bed, I limped downstairs and opened the door for her, she stood there wearing a yellow dress just above her knees, it hugged her waist perfectly, she looked beautiful.